Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Speed INC budget rails are professional products rails?

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2009, 03:17 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Speed INC budget rails are professional products rails?

I just ordered speed inc's budget rail kit. They sent me these crappy professional products rails. I checked the part # and it matches the # on the website for their "budget" rails. So basically when you order their "budget" rails your going to get these junk PP rails. I emailed them 3 days ago and got no response from them.
I really dont want to use these rails on my car.....I tried threading the fittings into the rail by hand and they seem to bind and squeek and I can only get 2-3 revolutions before they get rough. There is also alot of nicks/aluminum pieces inside the injector bosses. Overall they seem kinda crappy.
Anyone have any experience with these rails as far as fittings sealing? I just forsee problems if i decide to use these things.
Old 09-18-2009, 04:05 PM
Banned

what did you expect? you got the budget, could of spent 40 dollars more and got the good ones. Even in the pics they are the exact same as PP junk rails
Old 09-18-2009, 04:12 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have em and they seem fine, I had to put the rail in a vice and crank on the fitting with a crescent wrench until it was tight enough to where it wouldnt leak. For the first day or so they were on the car I had to fix a few leaks but they are doin fine now.
Heres a pic without the nitorus tapped into them:

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 09-18-2009, 04:14 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by TheFallen
what did you expect? you got the budget, could of spent 40 dollars more and got the good ones. Even in the pics they are the exact same as PP junk rails
What did I expect? I expected "speed inc budget rails".....NOT PP budget rails......Why do they advertise them as their own and not as PP rails.
And from a past thread i read before ordering them, speed inc themselves said the only difference was the available colors and the steel vs aluminum mounting brackets.
Old 09-18-2009, 04:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

there are only a few places that actually MAKE rails. alot of them are just boxed for them only. do you believe that GM makes every part of a GM vehicle? now that your eyes are open the world around you neo, you should do some looking around

ever notice how all the universal nitrous solenoid brackets look alike?
Old 09-18-2009, 07:51 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by gectek
there are only a few places that actually MAKE rails. alot of them are just boxed for them only. do you believe that GM makes every part of a GM vehicle? now that your eyes are open the world around you neo, you should do some looking around

ever notice how all the universal nitrous solenoid brackets look alike?
I am 100% aware that some parts are reboxed..ie summit/jegs brand etc etc,,, but when you pay more for something, thinking its a "speed inc" part and get an even lesser quality PP part you may feel cheated. I could have gotten PP rails for 120.00 elsewhere...instead i paid 150.00 for them under the impression they were speed inc rails.
Old 09-18-2009, 08:26 PM
TECH Addict

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Return them and get some good rails.
Old 09-19-2009, 11:27 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 05MBMLS2
What did I expect? I expected "speed inc budget rails".....NOT PP budget rails......Why do they advertise them as their own and not as PP rails.
And from a past thread i read before ordering them, speed inc themselves said the only difference was the available colors and the steel vs aluminum mounting brackets.
the pics of the rails show they are PP. think budget, companys will outsource when its budget. you cant expect the world when you go BUDGET. get what you pay for when doing budget
Old 09-19-2009, 11:43 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

hopefully they will be reasonable and accept the return, and you can get some nice pieces like these (sum240050)

Old 09-19-2009, 02:58 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by MIGHTYMOUSE
hopefully they will be reasonable and accept the return, and you can get some nice pieces like these (sum240050)

Yea they just returned my email...they are going to take them back and send me the "high flow" speed inc rails. For anyone else stumbling across this thread....skip the budget rails and get the better ones from the start....unless you want PP rails that is.