Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

injectors not firing

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2009, 11:26 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default injectors not firing

The problem seems to be that my injectors are not firing. I checked and they are not stuck and work but when i try to start the car they don't work. Also when i tried to use the signal from the computer to turn on the fuel pump it did not work. I think it might me related. I am using a vats bypass chip and it is set to send 50Hz signal to the dark blue wire going to the computer #11 on the Red plug.(98 ls1 computer) I ended up putting the fuel pump on a switch and i can turn it on but injectors fail to fire. Attached is a diagram that i used. I ignored the three relays for the fans and using a different system for them. What could be causing the injectors not to fire? I went trough the diagram multiple times and i have everything wired exactly the same.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
ls1_wiring.pdf (82.7 KB, 172 views)
Old 11-08-2009, 11:50 AM
TECH Regular

bad computer maybe.... check the fuses to the injectors...
Old 11-08-2009, 02:24 PM
Teching In

ok i figured out the main problem. I hooked up the voltmeter to the connector for the injector and the voltage went crazy when cranking so the computer was sending pulses to the injector to fire. Before i loosened the fuel line to see if any fuel comes out and fuel did spray out, but today i checked again and fuel comes out but very little so something is wrong with my fuel pump. Still don't know why the computer is refusiing to send a signal to turn on the fuel pump tho.

Last edited by yevgenievich; 11-08-2009 at 02:54 PM.

Quick Reply: injectors not firing