Fuel Pumps & Fueling

Old 11-17-2009, 08:33 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Fuel Pumps & Fueling

About fuel pumps & proceeding from a Wiring kit & Racetronix 255 Liters
per Hour pump; what is there?

I have been told that the 340/350 Walbro pump is no more flow than the
255..actually that the 255 is the same thing.

There is the option with TWIN 255 IN-TANK pumps & a Hobbs switch to
turn the second one on. (The DIY method)

I also know that Lonnies Performance sells an entire kit for dual
pumps.

Is there a single pump solution w/o going outside the tank??
Old 11-17-2009, 10:37 AM
FormerVendor

For how much power? The replacement 255 pump is the biggest pump available for a direct replacement for the cars. It is good to about 550-600rwhp. Our Dual pump setup are the most reliable street setup available. Built in your fuel bucket the pumps are wired and installed for a factory fit and function. Complete wire harness to operate the pumps individually so one runs all the time and the second kicks on under boost with the supplied Hobbs switch. With the full kit it is 100% reliable to 1000+rwhp.
Old 11-17-2009, 12:17 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Nasty N8
For how much power? The replacement 255 pump is the biggest pump available for a direct replacement for the cars. It is good to about 550-600rwhp. Our Dual pump setup are the most reliable street setup available. Built in your fuel bucket the pumps are wired and installed for a factory fit and function. Complete wire harness to operate the pumps individually so one runs all the time and the second kicks on under boost with the supplied Hobbs switch. With the full kit it is 100% reliable to 1000+rwhp.
my single 255 pump is not carrying me right now...going from ~58psi idle & part throttle all the way down to 50psi load & WOT. I don't know my exact power, but 42# injectors @43.5psi (3 bar) and 8.5lbs of boost & 88% duty cycle, lol. guessing ~500rwhp+.

I will look into it. I plan on making some upgrades this christmas.

so why is there a 340 pump? is the curve any different than a 255?...gonna check that
Old 11-17-2009, 12:51 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That system should be more then adaquit for what you are doing.Maybe you have a weak pump.You could flow it and see if it is up to specs.You could also add a BAP.Other then that you woulld have to move up to twin pumps.
Hope this helps.
Old 11-17-2009, 05:45 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by ZL1Killa
my single 255 pump is not carrying me right now...going from ~58psi idle & part throttle all the way down to 50psi load & WOT. I don't know my exact power, but 42# injectors @43.5psi (3 bar) and 8.5lbs of boost & 88% duty cycle, lol. guessing ~500rwhp+.

I will look into it. I plan on making some upgrades this christmas.

so why is there a 340 pump? is the curve any different than a 255?...gonna check that
340 is the model. 255LPH is the flow rating.
If you are running 42's @ 58PSI @ 88% DC they will flow apx. 215L/Hr of fuel. The single in-tank pumps are only rated at apx. 220LPH not including plumbing restrictions, jet pump operation etc. You are over the edge.

You should consider a dual in-tank system!!!

Manufacturer / Distributor of Automotive Fuel Systems, Components & Electronics

Please support a Racetronix dealer near you for personalized service.

>WEB SITE<
Old 11-17-2009, 06:41 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you want a complete dual pump kit, please give me a call.

We use only Racetronix components for an OEM quality install. These kits are fully assembled & tested, with a complete wiring harness.

For those looking for a trouble free & ready to run solution with no fabrication required, we have what you need.
Old 11-17-2009, 07:44 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What has not been mentioned, but should be brought up, includes the following:
Horsepower support for NA engines will be higher than for FI due to the higher BSFC of a FI engine.
A higher boosted engine should really be running a boost referenced FPR. If you are running 8 pounds of boost, they should add 8 pounds of pressure under full boost. That may help you in the short run.
The ratings for any particular pump is based on a curve, The Walbro 340 is part of a series of Walbro pumps, called their high pressure pumps. IIRC, they include the GSS340, 341 & 342. Most likely, all have the same electric innards, but differ in the input and output configurations. All are rated to flow 255lph, but will flow at different rates at 3 bar, 4 bar, and even higher pressures. There are curves plotted for different 255lph pumps at different pressures, JFGI.

Also, there is a Bosch 040 in-tank fuel pump that claims to output 300lph. Not sure if anyone has run that one with success, or how much of an improvement it might be. Plus, it is a "universal fit" meaning some mods will most likely be required.
Old 11-18-2009, 11:16 AM
TECH Resident

all answers short & to the point. thanks !!!

Search this Thread