Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Fuel system question by Newb

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2009, 07:58 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Fuel system question by Newb

Im trying to build a fuel system for my 69 camaro LS1 swap. Trying to do it as cheap as possible using Summit racing fuel cell and pump and have 0 knowledge on fuel systems. The cell has -8an fittings and the pump has barbs, can I just put the hose over the barbs on the pump and use a hose clamp to secure? The pump operates at up to 85 psi and Im concerned the hose clamps wont hold.
Old 11-30-2009, 08:16 PM
Staging Lane

Does the pump have barbs or barbed fittings, because if it has barbed fittings, you can just change them out for AN fittings. you should not see 85psi anyway if your running a fuel pressure regulator. I think stock ls1's operate at 58psi
Old 01-01-2010, 11:07 PM
12 Second Club

The pump has barbs one removable the other not. Can I just use the worm style clamps? Ill be running a stock LT1.

Last edited by durrettcustoms; 01-02-2010 at 03:01 PM.
Old 01-02-2010, 08:37 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Personally I would get another pump. It is not worth burning the car to the ground over a cheap pump.

Also, I would use absolutely no rubber line, even if it is EFI rated. This always seems to get very brittle in a short period of time.
Old 01-02-2010, 02:59 PM
12 Second Club

I appreciate your input however Im not concerned with the quality of Summit's pump. Why spend twice as much on an Aeromotive or other "Name Brand" pump when this car will just see occasional use on a stock LT1? I have purchased tons of "Summit" branded items over the years with no problems.

All I need to know is will a worm clamp hold. I will be using Summit's Push Loc hose connected to a sump on my stock tank with AN fittings.