Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Ran out of pump w/ N20 on dyno, need bigger pump!

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2010, 08:30 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ran out of pump w/ N20 on dyno, need bigger pump!

Hey guys, went to Speed inc to get my C5 dyno tuned after I install my new heads/cam etc and Jim ended up with

453.19 Max hp & 393.49 Max torque naturally asspirated

We ended up putting the 100hp N20 jets in it using the bottle pressure around 900psi, Nitro Daves progressive controller at 100%, with his 92mm spray ring/plate and to make a long story short the car didn't have enough fuel pump and went lean before we could go completely through all the rpm range but before he lifted about 6k it was at

504.37 Max hp & 444.10 Max torque so he thought with a bigger pump it'd be right on track. BTW, all this is ran through RPM's stage 3 diff with 3.90 gears and Larry mentioned that it'd be about 15hp more than dyno says due to the gearing.

So Larry suggested to get the Lingenfelter high flow replacement pump for my car. Does this sound correct? it looks like at 13volts its good to 600hp.
According to Larry I wouldn't need the Kenne bell "Boost-a-pump" or Racetronix harness etc and I'm getting ready to order this and I just wanted to run this stuff by you guys first.

My main concern is, with a bigger pump that has more volume and psi will that screw with my MAP that Speed inc just did on my car with the smaller pump? I mean, will run rich all the time or will the car adjust itself enough that it only needs it when WOT and spraying?
Anyway, the car sounds awesome and runs good and glad I took it to Speed inc.

What do you guys think about the dyno numbers and fuel pump stuff? Good/Bad/junk?
Old 05-03-2010, 02:17 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

MY CAR IS DOING THE EXACT SAME THING, like exact only 50hp from the 125 shot, and it goes lean, replaced pump with 255, im not sure if problem is resolved
Old 05-03-2010, 06:42 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Under 600rwhp & you should be good with the Racetronix or Lingenfelter pump.... but I would run the hotwire kit. It will give a significant volt/flow boost to the larger pump.