Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Racetronix fuel pump for corvette......questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2004, 10:19 PM
Banned

Location: BOSTON IS MY HOME, BUT NOW, IAM A PERMINENT VISITER HERE IN TAMPA.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Racetronix fuel pump for corvette......questions

Does anyone know what the max RWHP this pump can support. There are many answers out there, but I want the correct one.....

How did the install go with all of you who purchased the pump and are you happy with its performance???

Which setup do you think this pump is BEST ALONE for: NITROUS....SUPERCHARGER...TURBOCHARGER

Thanks.
Old 01-10-2004, 09:10 AM
Coal Mining Director

The answer is confusing at best. First it supports different hp for the fbod no return line vs the vette no return line vs the vette return line system. Here's a pure guess that I hope Racetronic will respond with actual numbers.

1. Fbod no return and just add a Racetronic 340 Walbro = 550rwhp.
2.Add a Hotwire kit to No. 1 to increase voltage = 600rwhp.
3.Add a volt booster to No. 1 and 2 to increase V to 16 = 650rwhp.

4. For a non return line Vette setup deduct 50rwhp from each stage above for 500,550 and 600 respectively.

5. For a Vette return line system (1997/98) add 50 rwhp to 1,2 & 3 above for 600,650 and 700 rwhp.

That's roughly what's been posted in the past but it would be nice for a Racetronic fact sheet with their actual numbers.

All above is based on proper sized injectors and checking for fuel pressure drop at WOT.

If you over size your fuel injector I think you can "crutch" the pump a little as the pump pressure drops you'll have extra injector capacity to flow the extra fuel needed at a lower injector psi.
Old 01-10-2004, 02:59 PM
Banned

Location: BOSTON IS MY HOME, BUT NOW, IAM A PERMINENT VISITER HERE IN TAMPA.

Originally Posted by onfire
The answer is confusing at best. First it supports different hp for the fbod no return line vs the vette no return line vs the vette return line system. Here's a pure guess that I hope Racetronic will respond with actual numbers.

1. Fbod no return and just add a Racetronic 340 Walbro = 550rwhp.
2.Add a Hotwire kit to No. 1 to increase voltage = 600rwhp.
3.Add a volt booster to No. 1 and 2 to increase V to 16 = 650rwhp.

4. For a non return line Vette setup deduct 50rwhp from each stage above for 500,550 and 600 respectively.

5. For a Vette return line system (1997/98) add 50 rwhp to 1,2 & 3 above for 600,650 and 700 rwhp.

That's roughly what's been posted in the past but it would be nice for a Racetronic fact sheet with their actual numbers.

All above is based on proper sized injectors and checking for fuel pressure drop at WOT.

If you over size your fuel injector I think you can "crutch" the pump a little as the pump pressure drops you'll have extra injector capacity to flow the extra fuel needed at a lower injector psi.
Thanks anyone else???
Old 01-11-2004, 12:40 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by WiseGuyZ
Thanks anyone else???
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/zerothread?id=722917

Manufacturer / Distributor of Automotive Fuel Systems, Components & Electronics

Please support a Racetronix dealer near you for personalized service.

>WEB SITE<