Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Fuel rail on a 97 vette with a return line

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2010, 02:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Fuel rail on a 97 vette with a return line

i currently have the return line plugged but I dont want to so can someone give me a diagram how a set of fast style rails would be hooked up with the return line? Pictures of how it is now can be found in the pics in the link below

http://thedungeonss.shutterfly.com/

The second loop back fuel line is blocked off with that evap plug. Is the proper way to plug that line into the other side of the fuel rail that is blocked off?

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails Fuel rail on a 97 vette with a return line-photo_042810_002.jpg   Fuel rail on a 97 vette with a return line-photo_042810_010.jpg  
Old 05-17-2010, 10:47 AM
FormerVendor

Not sure what you have going here but I have a feeling you have it very wrong. The EVAP is not suppose to be into a fuel line you will destroy the charcoal can at the back. EVAP line vents the tank to the intake manifold vacuum. 97 Vette has 2 fuel lines one is a 3/8" feed line the other is a 5/16" return back to the tank.
Old 05-17-2010, 06:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Default the one back to the tank

The one back to the tank is plugged into the evap module. It appears to just block it off. So are you saying I REALLY need to plug this into the blocked off side of the fuel rail?

One more question I notice the stock fuel rails have some type regulator valve on the crossover line in the middle. With Fast style rails this is not there. Does that cause any problmes? Is this part needed.

I REALLY appreciate your input here.

Originally Posted by Nasty N8
Not sure what you have going here but I have a feeling you have it very wrong. The EVAP is not suppose to be into a fuel line you will destroy the charcoal can at the back. EVAP line vents the tank to the intake manifold vacuum. 97 Vette has 2 fuel lines one is a 3/8" feed line the other is a 5/16" return back to the tank.
Old 05-17-2010, 07:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Default Thanks

The one back to the tank is plugged into the evap module. It appears to just block it off. So are you saying I REALLY need to plug this into the blocked off side of the fuel rail?

One more question I notice the stock fuel rails have some type regulator valve on the crossover line in the middle. With Fast style rails this is not there. Does that cause any problmes? Is this part needed.

I REALLY appreciate your input here.

Attached Thumbnails Fuel rail on a 97 vette with a return line-fast2.jpg   Fuel rail on a 97 vette with a return line-fast1.jpg   Fuel rail on a 97 vette with a return line-fast3.jpg  
Old 05-17-2010, 07:53 PM
FormerVendor

Who hooked this up??????? Where is the EVAP line????? What are you using for pressure regulator to keep 58psi???? Where does the nitrous take off fuel from???? There is no way it runs properly like that. You need a pressure regulator after the fuel rails on the return line.

Feed line into the rails, Xover between rails, out to a regulator, return back to fuel tank.

EVAP line to purge solenoid connected to manifold vacuum.

Feel free to give me a call I will help you get this straight.
Old 05-17-2010, 08:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I will do and the guys that installed the engine. The engine was built by one of our sponsors. I asked about that sitting there and they said it would be ok. However it bothered me on why would they have a return line if it wasnt used for something so you see that its plugged into the evap line. So there is no return the other rail is just blocked off.

So you are saying i DO need to plug that return into the other side of the rail and I dont think im using any pressure regulator. The rail is just hooked into that line feeding from the firewall. I noticed on the old rails there was a regulator of some sort so I brought up the question. Im GLAD i did. I have a problem with tuning the TRIMS on the car and this may be why.

The nitrous is not hooked up. I wont hook up either stage until I get a stand alone fuel system installed. Right now I am just trying to get the car running right. Nitrous may not happen until the end of the season.

Who hooked this up??????? Where is the EVAP line????? What are you using for pressure regulator to keep 58psi???? Where does the nitrous take off fuel from???? There is no way it runs properly like that. You need a pressure regulator after the fuel rails on the return line.

Feed line into the rails, Xover between rails, out to a regulator, return back to fuel tank.

EVAP line to purge solenoid connected to manifold vacuum.

Feel free to give me a call I will help you get this straight.

Quick Reply: Fuel rail on a 97 vette with a return line