Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

fuel flow/line size/pump calculator.

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2004, 06:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

Default fuel flow/line size/pump calculator.

this extends what i was talking about earlier.

http://www.inductionmotorsports.com/hose.htm

last i measured the stock pressure line.. at the crimp it was i think .2 ish..inner diameter lets call it .22 which would be -4 which is what i said it was if someone can take another measurement let's hear it to make sure.

as you see a single 255 pump is right on the limit of 'acceptable' flow velocity through stock line... also see that with two 255's (510 lph) that you exceed the capablity of the stock line at 'acceptable' flow veloicty to the tune of 33ft/second.. this is three times more than 'normal' to get the adequate flow in a stock line.

i myself switched to -8 pressure line.. as you see the -8 is very safe to get everything twin 255's can throw to the front..even with both pumps at 13 volts instead of 12 (552lph) and in turn keeps the fuel as cool as possible as the velocity is very low.

do what you want guys, but i reccomend ditching that pressure line past 1 255 pump.

oh yea and 33 ft/second is 22.5 miles per hour. compared to the 3.4 miles per hour that my -8 has it arrive at... some safety in that i imagine.
Old 01-14-2004, 03:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

thought this was a hot topic last week.. guess i was wrong (again)

Quick Reply: fuel flow/line size/pump calculator.