Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

walbro intank sticky i have ???s

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2010, 03:21 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default walbro intank sticky i have ???s

hey guys i have a question for you all, a buddy of mine is in the process of putting a walbro in his 2000 ss as i type and he called me about the sticky in this forum that nicd made. now im not bashing on anyone here this is just a simple question... nicd says in the sticky that you have to cut and modify the bucket or else it will run like ****... now here is where im confused, i put a walbro in my car way before this sticky was put up and i didnt do a single thing to my bucket not a one i installed the pump as it was from the factory minus the little hose that connects to the pump that supposedly fills the bucket. now heres where things get weird. i have a LS3 top end 408 and ive never had any problems what so ever with fuel delivery and (i know your not suppose to do this) but it still runs fine under a 1/4 tank. now im not doubting nicd at all in anyway as his car is most likely the best car ive ever seen. im in absolute love with his car, but im confused on the cutting the bucket scenerio as not only i but also a few of my friends that have built cars too and they have never modified their buckets for the walbro with no fueling issues, NOW none of these cars were boosted like nicds car so im wondering if hes done the modifying of the bucket for his boosted app which if so i dont see any reason why it would hurt a N/A application. like i said im not trying to offend anyone here just simply asking whats up lol. sorry that this is so long guys and apologise ahead of time if ive offended anyone especially nicd.
Old 05-20-2010, 05:55 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you buy the correct pump you do not have to modify the bucket.
You should use a pump that retains the venturi setup.

Whne you use a generic pump, you may have to modify the bucket, but you will likley need to keep more fuel in the tank for proper operation.
Old 05-20-2010, 06:10 PM
On The Tree

well i have a generic walbro 255 in my car and i didnt have to modify the bucket at all, and it works just fine, the only reason i was asking was because of the page that nicd wrote, was that for a boosted application or for any application?
Jason
Old 05-20-2010, 06:12 PM
12 Second Club

sorry at a different comp and buddy was signed in last post was actually me
jason