Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

F1-A Fuel System Questions!

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2010, 10:32 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default F1-A Fuel System Questions!

Ive been doing some research, but havent found exactly what Im looking for just yet. I just picked up an F1A Procharger for my GTO. The head unit is a little big for what Im wanting to do, but it was an awesome deal so I went ahead and scooped it. Im planning on running this setup on the car for the rest of the summer, and then swapping rods and pistons out this winter. Im not trying to make a ton of horsepower right now.. I was making somewhere in the neighborhood of 580WHP with my old nitrous setup, and I would be completely content if I could keep the power level somewhere in that area.

Currently, I have a completely stock longblock in the car aside from a cam swap. Cam specs are 236/238 .601/.605 113LSA. Im planning on leaving that camshaft in the motor for the time being, in hopes it would help bleed off some boost. Im thinking with a 5.25 blower pulley, I should be somewhere around 8-10LBS of boost through the F1-A.

I already have a Walbro 255 in the stock tank, and will be ordering 60LB injectors. What kind of power limitations will I see with that fuel pump?

Like I said before, this is not a max effort setup. Im just wanting to get the blower up and running here pretty soon, that way I have some time to enjoy the thing before putting it up for winter. I just need to know what kind of power Ill be limited to making with my fuel system, and about how much power my setup will want to make. If I only have enough fuel for 570WHP, and 8-10LBS of boost with the timing backed down will still want to make 630WHP, then we'll have some problems. Haha
Old 07-06-2010, 07:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i just put a F1 on my 06 goat, (stock bottom end) i custom made all my brackets so i could use the factory drive line for the belt
i almost guarantee you wont get a 5.25 under the hood
i had to waste gate mine to keep it down on boost 11psi right now with a 10psi spring
your blower is a little bigger then mine there will be no way u are only going to see 8-10psi
i have the stock pump and a walbro 255 intake, so far fuel pressure is staying up
80lbs injectors

Last edited by 9sectruck; 07-06-2010 at 07:25 AM.
Old 07-06-2010, 08:59 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Typically 550-600rwhp on a single 255.

I have a complete dual pump setup if you want to push things further.
Fully assembled & guaranteed to work...

Call me if I can be of help.
Old 07-06-2010, 10:58 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks! I am defintely planning on going with a dual in-tank setup eventually. I was just hoping I could save some cash for the time being, and get by with what Ive got until the offseason.. Then plan on doing a complete fuel system and rods/pistons.