Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Help w/ Walbro 255 installation in 94 Z28

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2010, 03:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help w/ Walbro 255 installation in 94 Z28

I'm about half-way done with an installation a Walbro 255 pump into my 94 Z28. I have a quick question:

The stock pump had three hoses running off of it (a black straight one, a black bent one, and a yellow, transparent, ribbed one). The Walbro seems to only have a spot for one hose. Which of these three hoses do I reuse, if any, or am I completely misunderstanding how to install the thing? And why does it have less hoses (unless I'm missing something)? I'm trying to follow the instructions given, but it doesn't seem to specify exactly what hose to hook up where.

Thanks for the help, I'm a little clueless here, and trying really hard not to screw anything up.
Old 09-26-2010, 03:22 PM
Staging Lane

i just ordered my my walbro 255 and would like to know also
Old 09-28-2010, 05:52 PM

We wound up just cutting one of the black vacuum hoses to fit. Pump works great but now I'm pretty sure I have to change out the Optispark (go figure).
Old 10-06-2010, 11:06 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by The Ron Man
We wound up just cutting one of the black vacuum hoses to fit. Pump works great but now I'm pretty sure I have to change out the Optispark (go figure).
Why do you say that? If you go the unit wet let it dry out. Do NOT run it while its wet. Its like a phone. You drop it in the toilet and it turns off, you let it dry out and it MIGHT work fine. You try to turn it on right away, and its toast.
Old 10-06-2010, 11:53 AM
Staging Lane

Default dry it out!

Originally Posted by ChandlerMotorsports
Why do you say that? If you go the unit wet let it dry out. Do NOT run it while its wet. Its like a phone. You drop it in the toilet and it turns off, you let it dry out and it MIGHT work fine. You try to turn it on right away, and its toast.
yeah I dried mine out a on a old car and it worked for another year
Old 10-06-2010, 11:54 PM
On The Tree

so the walbros 255 are pretty much a direct replacement for the stock F body pumps? also Im planning on putting a 100 shot on my LT1, will the walbro 255 be enough for it? on stock injectors and a wet shot?
Old 09-13-2011, 10:33 PM
Teching In

I have spent some time messing with this stuff over the last few days, but I am by no means an expert.

The walbro should fit in your old white can thing for an LT1. Since I am using the connector that comes with the kit, you'll have to trim out some of the rubber to get it to fit in there.

If your pump needs replaced, chances are so does the rubber in the white can. I ended up just using the top of the white can with the other two hoses still connected. I believe one is the return fuel and one is simply a vent to the top of the tank, but don't quote me on that.

The fuel line coming from the pump replaces the white (brown) ribbed tube. I took a wild guess that the ribbed tube is meant to be a point of failure inside the gas tank. "Safety stuff"...

I used the connector from the end of the ribbed tube and clamped the tube on that comes with the walbro pump. I used the included rubber "adapter" to seat it where the bottom of the can used to go, and then used a hose clamp to hold it in place.

I assume ditching the can is no big deal, since it gets flooded with fuel anyway, but I could be very wrong.
Old 09-14-2011, 07:56 PM
Launching!

I put one in my 95 awhile back . Trimmed the rubber on top, superglued the modual (white can) back together. Well the car ran out of gas. So i put $15 in a can dumped it in and no start but could hear th fp runnig so i was like what the hell. So i pulled the tank out to see what was up. The fuel pump actully slide up in the modual so it wasnt sucking threw the sock but was pulling fuel out of the modual. The return line goes in the top of the modual and the car was feeding off of it. So i could have put half a tank of gas in it and it woulda started. I decided to eliminate the modual in fear of leaning out on nitrous lol
Any way i think the modual is used for heat and noise

Quick Reply: Help w/ Walbro 255 installation in 94 Z28