Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Racetronix Fuel pump loosing power

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2010, 02:09 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Default Racetronix Fuel pump loosing power

Hey everyone, I have a weird situation. First the car will ALWAYS turn over. About a month ago, my fuel pump (5 year old Racetronixs) stopped priming at startup. It would run fine, but after turning the car off, it would sometimes start back up.

So I replaced the relay (back by the tank), and that worked until about two days later. The issue started all over again, and left me stranded at work. Next day the car started up, so I drove it to my friend's again. This time we put in a brand new Racetronix pump. Car ran fine for about a week.

Now the car is dying while driving it. I hooked up my fuel pressure gauge, and when the car dies, there will be 0 fuel PSI. The fuel pump will just die, unless you turn the key off and back on. The car has always had the Racetronix Hotwire kit installed. There are no codes, and it issue is completely random. We did find a melted wire going from the pump itself, to where it plugs into the harness at the top of the fuel pump assembly. I attached a pic of the melted wire, and since then it was been replaced.

The fuse does not pop, and there are no other connectors or wires that show damage. Anyone have an idea?
Attached Thumbnails Racetronix Fuel pump loosing power-img0111gvred.jpg  
Old 10-09-2010, 07:36 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 69 Likes on 61 Posts

Bad connection overloaded the original relay? Then, you replaced it, and then the overload took the new 1 out.
You repaired the connector, and now the 2nd relay is fried??
Have you checked voltage at the relay?