Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

I want vac/boost referenced fuel system.

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2004, 02:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default I want vac/boost referenced fuel system.

i want the closest to stock parts, and i want to run a 58psi system, at 0 vacuum.

I need it to be vac, and boost referenced.

To tune right, especially once you pass the maf limit, you need to know the size of the injectors.

with out stock fuel system, the injectors get smaller, when you go WOT. not smart. (almost 5 bar between rail, and tip, at idle, and 4 bar under wot)

any advice is appreciated.

I do not mind going to aftermarket rails, and regulator, but i want a stock fuel line solution. I am only going for 500 hp, so the stock lines will work fine.

Ryan
Old 02-03-2004, 02:44 PM
TECH Veteran

from my Incon install stuff

I used braided line to the rail, but you can use the OEM push on connectors. Then the rail is a bolt on.

The new fuel system is made from all OEM parts. The new lines are P/N 10424769, the rail is a modified version of the '97 Corvette rail P/N 12556705, the regulator is from the '97 as well P/N 12554677, and the injectors are from the SC'd 3800 P/N 24508208. The fuel pump was supplied in the kit from Incon, a 255 l/hr Walbro.
Old 02-03-2004, 07:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by slow
i want the closest to stock parts, and i want to run a 58psi system, at 0 vacuum.

I need it to be vac, and boost referenced.

To tune right, especially once you pass the maf limit, you need to know the size of the injectors.

with out stock fuel system, the injectors get smaller, when you go WOT. not smart. (almost 5 bar between rail, and tip, at idle, and 4 bar under wot)

any advice is appreciated.

I do not mind going to aftermarket rails, and regulator, but i want a stock fuel line solution. I am only going for 500 hp, so the stock lines will work fine.

Ryan
I use the aeromotive boost referenced reg and it works very well. i totally redid my fuel system, but I know elmer boggs uses the same reg as me but mounted his in the rear. If you want to boost reference on stock lines, I'd say that's your best bet. He's an admin on the other board. You'll definitely need to upgrade your intank pump and injectors. But there's no need to upgrade the rails with stock fuel lines. Sure you're gonna be happy with 500? Better yet, let me ask you that a year from now

Good luck bro,
Mike
Old 02-04-2004, 10:22 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by buschman
I use the aeromotive boost referenced reg and it works very well. i totally redid my fuel system, but I know elmer boggs uses the same reg as me but mounted his in the rear. If you want to boost reference on stock lines, I'd say that's your best bet. He's an admin on the other board. You'll definitely need to upgrade your intank pump and injectors. But there's no need to upgrade the rails with stock fuel lines. Sure you're gonna be happy with 500? Better yet, let me ask you that a year from now

Good luck bro,
Mike
I have a 98 racetronics drop in pump for the tank. And have SVO 42# injectors already waiting to be installed.

The blower will go on in 1 year about, so it will be enough, at that time... sure i might want more...who doesn't but the rest of the build of the car, will have to wait, until it retires daily driver duty, it has to last until december, when i graduate college.

I like harlans setup, with those lines, anybody know if they are V6 parts, or LT1 components? I am guessing V6, so would need to get a set from a 98 to match my tank. That is the type of solution i am looking for, something that appears stock, and has the functionality that i need.

The rails, i like the 97 C5 rails, look oem, no chance of leaking an fittings, ect. How does the C5 regulator work on the 97 cars? is it vac referenced, or did they run at 58psi static like we do?

Thanks for the help.

Ryan