Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Replacing plastic fuel line with rubber hose

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2010, 04:41 PM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Replacing plastic fuel line with rubber hose

Ok, so I kinked my fuel line that goes from the module to the fuel filter in three places. So I decided to replace it with a 3/8 fuel line rubber hose (with the quick disconnect fittings on the end) till I can get the plastic line ordered.

Would that rubber hose collapse for any reason. Just curious, I am losing fuel pressure and I have replaced just about everything imaginable....Fuel pump (racetronix 255), FPR, Battery, Fuel filter, any advice would be great
Old 11-23-2010, 05:14 PM
TECH Addict

Received 51 Likes on 35 Posts

The line is not the trouble area. The worm clamps holding it on the end fittings are not rated for the LSx pressure and risk blowing off. Personally, Id wait until the replacement line comes in vs a risky bandaid

Several people esp in the conversion forum have used them with success for many years, but it doesnt make it right
Old 01-06-2022, 06:48 PM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by philsblwnz28
Ok, so I kinked my fuel line that goes from the module to the fuel filter in three places. So I decided to replace it with a 3/8 fuel line rubber hose (with the quick disconnect fittings on the end) till I can get the plastic line ordered.

Would that rubber hose collapse for any reason. Just curious, I am losing fuel pressure and I have replaced just about everything imaginable....Fuel pump (racetronix 255), FPR, Battery, Fuel filter, any advice would be great
What was your fix? Did rubber line work?
Old 01-06-2022, 06:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3,178 Likes on 2,483 Posts

Originally Posted by 98SSHARDTOP
What was your fix? Did rubber line work?
11-year old thread, OP long gone....

Quick Reply: Replacing plastic fuel line with rubber hose