Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

160lb injectors, high vs low impedance

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2011, 03:56 AM
7 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by onefastrx7turbo
I'm confused at this statement. Are you saying you can't tell the difference between perfectly matched injectors and stock injectors which are only matched at their peak flow rates? You're kidding me, right?
what im saying is 99% of people in the world will not be able to tell the difference between injectors that are flow matched and injectors that are dynamically flowed.

if you have a car that requires 2200cc injectors then you are making big power and generally have a nice large cam that will idle like **** anyway and a injector that is dynamically flowed is not going to make any difference,

it sounds a lot like you work at T1 or maybe are tony him self....
Old 06-29-2011, 07:24 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 10sec_rx7
what im saying is 99% of people in the world will not be able to tell the difference between injectors that are flow matched and injectors that are dynamically flowed.

if you have a car that requires 2200cc injectors then you are making big power and generally have a nice large cam that will idle like **** anyway and a injector that is dynamically flowed is not going to make any difference,

onefastrx7turbo calls me dip **** on line like a real punk. Come to Brooklyn I'd love to meet you. LOL. The real deal is all those graphs on their website are made up, they are not a screenshot of a real test. Only a figment of their imagination. Anyone with a computer can make anything look real as you want. Its A SCAM. There is no such thing as dynamically balanced injectors, They just want you to think it. How would you know anyway since they are the only company in the world that can check them. And why do you answer all the posts like you are ID. Another scam.

Last edited by 98transbum; 06-29-2011 at 07:30 AM.
Old 06-29-2011, 09:54 AM
On The Tree

if you have a car that requires 2200cc injectors then you are making big power and generally have a nice large cam that will idle like **** anyway and a injector that is dynamically flowed is not going to make any difference

I'm not sure I agree with this. Plenty of tuners swear by those injectors. Secondly, Im not sure what you mean by "big power" but a friend of mine has a 700hp turbo LS1. It's got a stock Z06 cam and ID injectors. It idles like stock and has near stock driveability. This is mostly due to the excellent low PW matching.

I don't work at T1, and I'm not Tony. I work in the Aerospace field. I am merely trying to educate the public on a good product. I use ID850's in my RX7 and I believe in the product, that's all.
Old 06-29-2011, 09:59 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 98transbum
onefastrx7turbo calls me dip **** on line like a real punk. Come to Brooklyn I'd love to meet you. LOL. The real deal is all those graphs on their website are made up, they are not a screenshot of a real test. Only a figment of their imagination. Anyone with a computer can make anything look real as you want. Its A SCAM. There is no such thing as dynamically balanced injectors, They just want you to think it. How would you know anyway since they are the only company in the world that can check them. And why do you answer all the posts like you are ID. Another scam.
Ok, we get it. You don't know **** about injectors, and you don't know what you're talking about. You don't have to keep making statements proving that you have no idea what you're talking about; we got that on your second post. Also, no one (especially me) gives a **** that your from brooklyn. No one cares. The fact that you think it's a scam only proves you're a dipshit lol...Each post you type only makes it more obvious.

It's obvious that you will never understand what we are talking about. You probably lack the mental capacity or you have reading comprehension problems. Either way, I'm done trying to educate you on this subject. You can continue to attack me if you want, whatever.

Last edited by onefastrx7turbo; 06-29-2011 at 11:46 AM.
Old 06-29-2011, 11:40 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by onefastrx7turbo
Ok, we get it. You don't know **** about injectors, and you don't know what you're talking about. You don't have to keep making statements proving that you have no idea what you're talking about; we got that on your second post. Also, no one (especially me) gives a **** that your from brooklyn. No one cares. The fact that you think it's a scam only proves your dipshit lol...Each post you type only makes it more obvious.

It's obvious that you will never understand what we are talking about. You probably lack the mental capacity or you have reading comprehension problems. Either way, I'm done trying to educate you on this subject. You can continue to attack me if you want, whatever.
ok Tony, I know nothing like everyone else here. You insult anyone that talks about ID. You use stupid remarks so GFY
Old 06-29-2011, 12:02 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Injector dynamic stuff is badass, no doubt about it.... they come at a price, most of the time they are not needed, but when there is a large injector needed and good driveablity is crucial, then these are the injectors i use
Old 06-29-2011, 12:30 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by LS1NOVA
Save your money and buy from FIC! I personally run a versafueler but if I had to do it again, Id just spend the extra for the high z's
+1

thats all im saying.
Old 06-29-2011, 03:22 PM
7 Second Club

How much power does your rx7 make with the id850's in it?
Old 06-29-2011, 08:36 PM
7 Second Club

Received 310 Likes on 209 Posts

I have tuned multiple sets of the 160lb Bosch injectors from FIC and they dial in great with no idle issues. If you truly believe that ID's are worth the premium I'm not going to stop you but I might be tempted to let you in on the secret that it's not necessary to spend that much money to get a clean idle with a big injector.
Old 06-30-2011, 06:38 PM
TECH Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Im having one of the best tuners in the country tune an 06 GTO with a twin 67mm 427 on E85 in a few weeks. Using FIC 2000's. I'll post the results and comments from him here.
Old 06-30-2011, 07:01 PM
On The Tree

Im having one of the best tuners in the country tune an 06 GTO with a twin 67mm 427 on E85 in a few weeks. Using FIC 2000's. I'll post the results and comments from him here.
What data are you going to put in the ECU for those FIC's? LOL

If it doesn't look like this, it's not the correct data.
http://www.injectordynamics.com/ID20...03-29-2011.xls
Even if it does look like this, the injectors are only matched at static flow.
Hopefully they have a good return policy.

I'm sure you will still make safe/awesome power with FIC's since their upper range flow should be decently close.
When you have a real low pulsewidth dynamic matching really makes the difference. Read this:... and if anyone thinks this is propaganda, that person should switch back to a carb.

Straight from T1/ID forum
There are lots of rumors floating around (put out there by other guys that sell injectors) that other people have the same injectors as our ID2000, they're just not matched by the same process. This is correct, except the rest of the rumor is that the consistency from Bosch is so good that our dynamic matching process doesn't have any benefit. Unfortunately, this is far from the truth.

This is a deviation vs. pulsewidth chart for every 10th injector out of a batch. You can see that while static flow variance is pretty good, there is quite a spread at 2msec pulsewidth, where much of the life of the injector is spent and where you really see and feel a difference from cylinder to cylinder variations. About a 2% spread at static flow (which is where most people have the ability to test halfway accurately) and as much as a 13% spread at 2msec. Do you think a 13% variance from cylinder to cylinder at idle and part throttle will make a difference in how a car runs?
Name:  2000_Spread.jpg
Views: 1516
Size:  56.2 KB

Here's a matched set of 6. It looks like there are only 4 lines on the graph, but there are actually 6, some are just so similar they pretty much overlay.
Name:  2000_Matched.jpg
Views: 1503
Size:  43.7 KB

I'm not here to start a fight but some people just need to spend a few hours and do some reading.
Old 06-30-2011, 07:09 PM
TECH Addict

Ive yet to see any info that doesnt come from ID or T1. Thanks anyway RX.

I really dont like the mentality of someone stating that you have to buy the absolute best product at the highest price and everything else is garbage. Where would we be if everyone did that?

Im going to keep saving hundereds of $ and buying FIC's products until I see evidence otherwise.

Last edited by LS1NOVA; 06-30-2011 at 07:17 PM.
Old 06-30-2011, 07:31 PM
On The Tree

Ive yet to see any info that doesnt come from ID or T1.
Great! Now you see what I'm talking about!

Why can't other injector companies supply real world data for their products?

Would you buy an engine from an engine builder who can't supply a dyno chart?

Didn't think so.
Old 06-30-2011, 08:04 PM
On The Tree

Ive yet to see any info that doesnt come from ID or T1. Thanks anyway RX.

I really dont like the mentality of someone stating that you have to buy the absolute best product at the highest price and everything else is garbage. Where would we be if everyone did that?

Im going to keep saving hundereds of $ and buying FIC's products until I see evidence otherwise.
Oh great..more data and graphs Let me translate LS1Nova's post:

Ive yet to see any info that doesnt come from ID or T1.
No other injector vendor has any data even remotely similar to ID/T1...it all comes from them! I asked my vendor and they directed me to the ID website!

I don't like the fact that someone is defending a product! I ignore real facts and don't like the fact that quality products cost more. What is competition anyway?

I'm going to continue to buy the cheapest available product from the lowest bidder, and why not? It's what the government does!
Old 06-30-2011, 08:16 PM
TECH Addict

Well I guess whatever anyone says is going to get turned around into something else.
When I have some real world results Ill chime back in. Im no injector expert though.
Old 06-30-2011, 08:42 PM
11 Second Club

I have fic 103lb injectors. on par with the ID1000's.They are high Z and flow 103 lbs at 58 psi. After Frost got the injector tables right it drives fine. I have a base pressure of 51 psi, with boost referance. I use a dual nozzle meth kit (10 and 15 nozzles) at 14lbs boost i see about 80% duty cycle and im running a little bit rich.
Old 07-28-2011, 11:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can I ask a simple question with a simple answer.

Are the low imped 160lb injectors streetable? I had the Versa controller wired into my custom rodtechs harness so I'm gonna use it. Currently have 96's but need to step it up for e85.
Old 07-28-2011, 12:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1INSANEGTO
Can I ask a simple question with a simple answer.

Are the low imped 160lb injectors streetable? I had the Versa controller wired into my custom rodtechs harness so I'm gonna use it. Currently have 96's but need to step it up for e85.
no problems here with my low imped 160's
Old 07-28-2011, 12:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks you hear mixed things. You have any issues tuning with them? We are using hptuners

Last edited by 1INSANEGTO; 07-28-2011 at 12:26 PM.
Old 02-28-2012, 02:24 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by AutomagicLS1
no problems here with my low imped 160's
so any help with getting them to idle right?

Quick Reply: 160lb injectors, high vs low impedance