Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

160lb injectors, high vs low impedance

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2011, 10:21 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 160lb injectors, high vs low impedance

Need to go with 160lb injectors for a turbo 347 inch LS1 build. Car will be a street car and need to have good street manners. Which is easier to tune at idle/cruise high or low impedance?

The 160lb high imp injectors are pricey at $155 each. I've been reading that they are easier to tune because of higher resolution, what ever that means.

Then I saw you can get a Versafueler, with 160's injectors for $860. That site swears low imp is easier to tune.

What do you guys run?
Old 03-04-2011, 10:45 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by DougsfastZ
Need to go with 160lb injectors for a turbo 347 inch LS1 build. Car will be a street car and need to have good street manners. Which is easier to tune at idle/cruise high or low impedance?

The 160lb high imp injectors are pricey at $155 each. I've been reading that they are easier to tune because of higher resolution, what ever that means.

Then I saw you can get a Versafueler, with 160's injectors for $860. That site swears low imp is easier to tune.

What do you guys run?
no driver box required and are drop in.. So far the new Bosch high Z 160 has been real popular. Tuning seems to be a snap.
Old 03-04-2011, 11:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have bosch 160's with a versafueler. The car started right up and idled with just changing the scale from 80's to 160's. My friend tuned it and didnt have any issues at all. They are rich on decel but as far as driving them around I plan on putting several thousand miles on my car this year if that means anything to you
Old 03-04-2011, 01:12 PM
Staging Lane

If you want to use the versafueler we have a plug and play harness! Makes wiring it in a simple job that should take well under an hour

http://www.racetronix.biz/customkiti...p?kc=ICS-8&eq=
Old 03-04-2011, 02:38 PM
FormerVendor

This looks like a much easier install to me with better control of decel
Old 03-05-2011, 01:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by FICINJECTORS
you are right but they were out of my budget lol. As far as decel the car doesn't act any different than it did with my 80's just a little less fuel economy..although if you have a setup that requires that big of an injector you really shouldnt be bitching about fuel economy haha
Old 06-15-2011, 02:02 AM
Teching In

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I am also looking to finish up a high compression ls2 forged with a f1 series procharger, would injector size would be you recommend? I was thinking the bosch 160lbs? Thx

Frank-
Old 06-15-2011, 09:04 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by FICINJECTORS
Ive read that the FIC1000 and 2000s are the same injectors as the ID1000 and ID2000's, any truth to that? Are these 160s also the same as the ID1600's if thats the case?
Old 06-15-2011, 03:22 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 1BADChev
I am also looking to finish up a high compression ls2 forged with a f1 series procharger, would injector size would be you recommend? I was thinking the bosch 160lbs? Thx

Frank-
Hey Frank,

What kind of power are you looking to make with the build and ProCharger?

What kind of fuel will you be running?

160# is a lot of fuel...

8 of them @ 58psi base fuel pressure and pump/race gas would be enough fuel for 2000hp.

Running E85 would still fuel around 1500-1600hp.
Old 06-15-2011, 06:28 PM
Launching!

I have a set of 160# FIC High Z injectors,EV1 plug for sale.Had to go bigger.........Paul
Old 06-15-2011, 06:35 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by charleysheen
Ive read that the FIC1000 and 2000s are the same injectors as the ID1000 and ID2000's, any truth to that? Are these 160s also the same as the ID1600's if thats the case?
same thing my boy, all made by bosch, only difference is the price!
Old 06-26-2011, 07:31 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 98transbum
same thing my boy, all made by bosch, only difference is the price!
Yes they're both made my Bosch. No, they are NOT the same as other brands after being dynamically matched. Call and talk to Tony @ T1 to get some REAL tech data on the differences.
Old 06-26-2011, 08:02 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by rx_treme
Yes they're both made my Bosch. No, they are NOT the same as other brands after being dynamically matched. Call and talk to Tony @ T1 to get some REAL tech data on the differences.
It's such a con, dynamically matched and charge 800 more a set. Give me a break. The guys on honda forums asked them to show on video how they do it. All the posts got pulled down. Keep drinking the cool aid and getting ripped because Tony sais they are magic. And Tony the tiger says there GREAT..
Old 06-27-2011, 07:53 AM
TECH Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Save your money and buy from FIC! I personally run a versafueler but if I had to do it again, Id just spend the extra for the high z's
Old 06-27-2011, 05:17 PM
On The Tree

It's such a con, dynamically matched and charge 800 more a set. Give me a break. The guys on honda forums asked them to show on video how they do it. All the posts got pulled down. Keep drinking the cool aid and getting ripped because Tony sais they are magic. And Tony the tiger says there GREAT..
There is plenty of literature (& graphs for those who can't read (or write in your case)) about what it is/does and why. It's actually very easy to understand. You should take an hour out of your life to read it. There's a lot of good data on the ID site.

Why would a reputable company that provides ACTUAL data for/from their products put up a video showing how they got it?
I'm sure Lockheed provides production videos from the F-35.

The part that really turns me away from companies like FIC (I'm not sure which one is which actually, there's two right?) is when they send their customers to ID's website to use their data. (I've seen it more than once now)
That's like Microsoft sending their customers to the Apple website for drivers. No thanks.
Old 06-27-2011, 05:19 PM
On The Tree

LOL!! This is you again, right? From RX7club.com??
Originally Posted by prew
Keep drinking the kool-aid without providing any facts to back up your claim. Please explain your experience with the ID branded injectors VS the same Bosch injector sold by other vendors.
The only "cool aid"(sic) drinker here, is you. If you want to believe the hype that Injector Dynamics are the same as other vendors just more expensive, you go right ahead. Other vendors sell STATIC matched injectors. This is NOT the same process as the ID injectors. There is plenty of documentation to back this up. If you don't believe me, ask any of the "other" vendors to show you where they get all their data from. Hint: they get their stolen data from www.injectordynamics.com

Have a read for yourself. If you still think they are all hype after being presented with the data, then you sir, are just...dumb.
Old 06-28-2011, 06:58 AM
7 Second Club

i have used probably 80 of the "stock" bosch ones and never had a problem, one car with 12 of them has run over 190mph.. definatly nothing wrong with them,... i have 16 of them in my car too...
Old 06-28-2011, 10:07 AM
On The Tree

No one is saying the "stock" bosch injectors aren't fine for a stock or slightly modified car. The argument is that the Injector Dynamics injectors are "just more expensive" than the exact same injectors sold elsewhere. Injector Dynamics' injectors are dynamically matched, not statically matched. This makes them both better and more expensive than the "same" injectors sold by other vendors. In an effort to boost their sales, these scumbags have been claiming "their" injectors are the "same, just cheaper" than the ID injectors. This is just plain false, and borderline illegal, in my opinion.

Having a 10 second RX7 and a car running over 190mph, you of all people should see the value of perfectly matched injectors. It's great that the brand "X" injectors flow "X" amount at 80% duty cycle, but what about idle? What about the rest of the entire RPM band? The funniest thing ever was when FIC (don't know which one) was answering a customer of theirs; The customer asked them where to get the data for the injectors they bought (because their "data sheets" don't give you the information you need to tune) and this shitbag actually had the ***** (or is just a ******* moron), to direct his customer to the Injector Dynamics website!! "just use their data" he says." LOL

Now, tell me, as a customer, how can you trust and rely on a company which makes false claims about their products and then directs you to a competitor's website to find the data on the injectors they just sold you? You gotta be kidding me.
Old 06-28-2011, 10:44 AM
On The Tree

Just bought my 1000'sfor the ls1 today from FIC, great price, great service. I got 5 files to upload to EFI Live, this tune was sent to Cory Henderson at Henderson performance.. The injectors will be there in a few Hopefully one of these days we can get this thing on the road again. Looks to me by these posts that there is a Lot of cool-aid drinking at ID

LOL!! Now I remember. This is the same exact statement you made here. It seems you still cannot read or understand data. sigh. You can lead an idiot to the information, but you can't him believe or understand it.
Old 06-28-2011, 12:20 PM
TECH Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Oh boy, here we go again. Does anyone have ACTUAL data that shows that they have had problems using the Bosch injectors as is from FIC without the matching that ID does

Quick Reply: 160lb injectors, high vs low impedance