Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Very quick Injector question

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2011 | 12:27 AM
TECH Resident

Default Very quick Injector question

I have a buddy with an 04 mach 1 mustang thats installing a procharger and upgrading injectors. He asked me If I wanted his injectors. maybe 25$ if not give them to me. I am planning heads in the future and fore see someday needing some injectors. Should I hold onto these? and anyone have any idea what rate they would be at our pressure. I believe he said they were 28s on the Mach. I know it wont be a ton of injector but I also don't want to over injector the engine either.
Old 10-18-2011 | 10:33 AM
TECH Resident

There is no such thing as a quick question, there is always explanation and details...and ignoring the details can get you in trouble.

you would have to seriously use larger injectors in order to be "over injector the engine"

if those are 28# they would not be worth it honestly.

your best bet is to get with FIC injectors (or another sponsor...etc) and order a set of 36# or 42# and be done for a good while. Do you remember what injectors you currently have? I think they are 28#....and have you logged your injector duty cycle?
Old 10-18-2011 | 12:01 PM
TECH Resident

No I have no Idea what cycle they are at. My tuner never mentioned them and I am on the stockers at the 400 whp level. However, the future mod list includes ported to F@#$ heads and a massive intake. so I have a feeling I will have to bump up to something. I guess I just need to tackle the injectors with the intake when that time comes. Thanks for the reply though. Btw I noticed youre at UNCC I am as well. Good to see another F bucket around
Old 10-18-2011 | 12:12 PM
TECH Resident

By the way what I was referring to at the 28# comment was they are 28#s at the lower pressure in his mustang. I figured they would be close to 36s at the GM pressure
Old 10-18-2011 | 02:05 PM
TECH Resident

nice to know you are around too, my car is currently under the knife, but should be back in about a month.
Well for instance, if he is running those 28# injectors at their rated value, which is lower than ours. 43.5psi. The difference here is 115% from the 28LB injector, this is explained by square root of 58psi / 43.5psi = 1.15, multiply that by 28# and you get 32#. That actually wouldn't be that bad as long as his are the 28# @ 43.5psi.

your duty cycle would go down ~10% likely from whatever it is now. if you need your car scanned we can meet up and I can ride along and scan it and then export the data to excel so you can see it all.

check out my fuel and injector sticky. i think the excel file is still there with the calculations for injector sizes.