Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Need to learn about boost reference fuel pressure regulator.

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2013, 09:52 PM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ROFL! Whoops. Been switching between Fuel Pumps and Pressure Regulator threads all day! lol. Sorry bout that! Deleting previous post! LOL
Old 02-11-2013, 10:37 PM
TECH Addict

Received 95 Likes on 81 Posts

lol yeah i saw that on the other thread lol i figured you might have mix up a post somwhere. at least your computer wasnt acting up and double posting everything for a day. that was really irritating lol
Old 02-14-2013, 09:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by JoshuaGrooms83
quick question on this, where do you hook it up at when i start using it with boost? i hear alot of back an forth on before or after the throttle body... if its hooked up to the vacuum its possible that the fuel pressure can drop. my question on this is, if the fuel pressure is set with out boost in idle vac at 58psi and is ment to keep the pressure set at 58ps, how when in boost is it possible for the fuel pressure able to drop even below the set 58psi idling vac condition?
if its just hooked up to boost,ie before TB, its doing this anyway right?
just want to make sure i hook it up right
You connect the FPR reference hose to the manifold plenum (i.e. after the throttle body)...

yes, when at vacuum the rail pressure will drop, and when at boost the rail pressure increases, that's ok...

the reference causes the FPR to vary pressure such that the pressure across any injector remains constant as boost/vacuum varies, so your IFR table can be flat across;

( the reference hose adds MAP to the base rail pressure, this is what the top of the injector sees; the bottom of the injector sees MAP; so the MAP at the top cancels out the MAP at the bottom, keeping the pressure across the injector constant and predictable, so the IFR table needs only one value in all cells ).

Quick Reply: Need to learn about boost reference fuel pressure regulator.