Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

aeromotive A1000 street strip car

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2012, 08:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default aeromotive A1000 street strip car

hey guys im building a mild strip car, that i would not like to loose streetability on. they just gave me a aeromotive a1000. i was looking at jegs and summit for 10 gal fuel cel lines filter and fpr. ill be putting the cell where the ttop tunnel used to be. will this combo be bad for the street. its not going to be a dd car it will be a friday cruise and track car.

reason im asking this question is, because my uncle keeps telling me not to put it in the car, that those pumps don't last long, that im going to have to be changing pumps every 6 month, and all this bull ****. so id like to hear it from u guys see what u think.

thanks int advanced im doing head cam 150shot on the car till i get some more money and procharge it
Old 07-30-2012, 11:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

no one ?
Old 07-30-2012, 09:33 PM
Staging Lane

They don't last on the street even with the pump controller to slow it down,they push too much fuel too hard and it heats up the fuel and burns out the pump. After 2 pumps in about a year, car driven very little, burned out 2nd after a 30 minute drive and left idling for 5 minutes. I decided to do the dual in tank walbro setup with an RPM switch for the second pump. So far so good
Old 07-31-2012, 04:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast

oh ****! is there any other inline fuel pump that's good for the street? cause i can run this pump and when it go's get a better suited inline street pump. car will see little street but little can be different for every one. im talking small cruise to beach on fri or sat and the track trips.
Old 07-31-2012, 05:27 AM
TECH Enthusiast

my mods are on my sig. id like to hit it with a 150 and later on with a 200 shot, but id like to get the supporting fuel for it. don't want a boom at launch or mid track. dont really like the dual pump set up because of the one failing. that wont let me have a peace of mind. i was also looking at the walbro 400 i was thinking running two separate cells with two of those one for n20 and the other for regular feed. need some help here thanks
Old 08-01-2012, 05:27 AM
TECH Enthusiast

no one else have anything to say. no other opinions ?
Old 08-01-2012, 06:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

i had one for 2 years, then sold it to a friend and he's used it for 3 yrs now....maybe im lucky? it worked for me
Old 08-01-2012, 07:17 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by buick_lsx
i had one for 2 years, then sold it to a friend and he's used it for 3 yrs now....maybe im lucky? it worked for me
i have seen the same and then other have it six months and they go. i dont know what the deal is. what i have seen tho that they last less with people running the pump regulator. don't know why they also say bad ground kills them also. im pretty good with electrical so i think im going to take the risk besides it was free. my cuz told me they last even longer with higher octane being cooler gas.

i just needed more input and if there was any other more streetable external pump in case this one goes. i want to have enough fuel at all times don't want a big boom.
Old 08-01-2012, 08:50 AM
TECH Enthusiast

run a large return line too, helps keep the fuel and pump cooler
Old 08-01-2012, 10:57 AM
TECH Enthusiast

ok thanks for the tip 8 an or 10 an
i was going to run the set up like this. 10 an to pump, 8an from pump to reg, and 6an from regulator to rail. they told me to run it like like that to keep the pressure up....
Old 08-01-2012, 11:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

thats how mine was with a -10 return
Old 08-01-2012, 11:24 AM
TECH Enthusiast

ok good looking out man. imma do it like that why did u go dual intank
Old 08-01-2012, 09:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I have dual externals now, one on all the time, one on a Hobbs switch

I changed cause I was carb'd blow blow through then but now efi
Old 08-01-2012, 10:00 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

why not just run a 255 intank and then run a small stand alone cell for the nitrous?
Old 08-01-2012, 10:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by kdavis
why not just run a 255 intank and then run a small stand alone cell for the nitrous?
Word.
Old 08-01-2012, 10:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I drove my car 6.5 hours from NC to MD when I bought it with an aeromotive eliminator and sumped tank and never had an issue. I have no controller also its 100% DC. Only disliek is the thing is LOUD.

One thign I have heard is the aeromotive fuel filters have been known to collapse so keep that in mind.
Old 08-02-2012, 07:21 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kdavis
don't really like that fuel cell in the front pricy and if u hit that wall its right there. lol iv have see people talking about almost maxing out the 255 with heads and big cams so i didn't really look in to it much after that. the aero motive was a gift. it has maybe 60 to 100 hr of use. if that

Originally Posted by itsslow98
I drove my car 6.5 hours from NC to MD when I bought it with an aeromotive eliminator and sumped tank and never had an issue. I have no controller also its 100% DC. Only disliek is the thing is LOUD.

One thign I have heard is the aeromotive fuel filters have been known to collapse so keep that in mind.
ok that's good to know cuz i heard of people not lasting long at all. i thought it might have been an older model or something. the aero filter i knew about. my cuz warned me about it. told me to get another one but i don't remember the name. my cuzin had the pump for several years but then again its a track only car pushed to the line and all that so it get no use.
Old 08-02-2012, 11:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

You can always run a 340 with a hot wire kit. Then do the standalone. You can also build a standalone for a lot cheaper then you can buy one.

Last edited by My6speedZ; 08-02-2012 at 12:50 PM.
Old 08-02-2012, 01:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by My6speedZ
You can always run a 340 with a hot wire kit. Then do the standalone. You can also build a standalone for a lot cheaper then you can buy one.
was looking in to those but didn't find much info. also looked at the 400 but not much on them either. im going to give the aeromotive a try and see what happens. iv been looking at a couple people running them with a big return and no pump regulators with good results. up to two years on a daily driven car. so that got me happy ill only drive the car on clear fridays and when ever i go to the track. was thinking about running the cell in the trunk where the ttop hole was. should be a lil cooler right?
Old 08-02-2012, 02:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

That is where I would mount a fuel cell if it were me. Now if I was doing a one gallon for just feeding a nitrous system that would go up front where the battery is.

If you don't want to set the fuel cell back there. Nasty makes a metal bolt in tank for the later year f-bodys that would allow you to use your external fuel pump.

I really think per your earlier post if your not going to shoot anything more than a 200 shot you should be able to pull from the rail (if you have the supply large enough) as long as you mix a bit of race gas in your tank on track days when your going to be spraying.

The best IMO (because I don't like the idea off having to add race gas to my tank, and being able to spray should a situation arise )really would be just a small standalone for your wet kit with race gas wired to only come on when the nitrous system is armed through the master switch.

There are plenty of guys pulling from the rail only and spraying 300 shots though.

You could spray a 150 on 93 pump. Me personally I wouldn't go higher than that. But I'm still learning so maybe that has something to do with it.

Quick Reply: aeromotive A1000 street strip car