Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Tuning With 160# High Impdence injectors

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2012, 09:40 PM
7 Second Club

Received 301 Likes on 201 Posts

Originally Posted by FasTimeSS
My car has been in sd for over a year with the codes if u do ur research it doesnt have to be at 2. My tune is SCALED. If i put the ifr in the 100s there is nothin u can do to make it not as rich.
Umm, not even sure how to respond to this other than this is why I don't really help people on the internet anymore. They want to argue about something that is incorrect rather than just fixing it. Nothing in this quoted statement is accurate.
Old 08-30-2012, 09:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ZL1Killa
why was your IFR table at 55?
was told to keep it around 40-50s by a knowledgeable tuner to keep it easier to tune
Old 08-31-2012, 10:21 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Yes, I missed all of it...

Are you sure that the HPT COS does not require a MAF DTC to run in SD...? Why can't you just simply connect your scanner and check the presence of a DTC and quote that DTC here...?

You're adjusting the VE table and you see no effect on fueling... this tells us you're not running from the VE.

Why are you scaling, your VE table is nowhere near being maxed out...? Scaling is an art, and your tune would run better if you didn't scale. Your VE should have gone down with the IFR table being scaled down, this tells me your VE isn't right, so your IFR being too low will cause the PCM to overfuel.

Why do you need 160's, how much power are you expecting to produce...?

Last edited by joecar; 08-31-2012 at 01:04 PM. Reason: spelling correction...
Old 08-31-2012, 10:22 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

NicD is telling you to listen and consider what was suggested...
Old 08-31-2012, 11:17 AM
TECH Enthusiast

its gonna be a 1200 hp street car. the car will see 28+psi of boost. we are close to that now once the converter gets tightened, my fuel was maxed out with dual walbros and 80# injectors. now i have these 160# and triple walbros.

i dont mean to come off aggressive but ive crossed these moutains that you are still thriving on i just need to figure out which tables need to be adjusted to get my min injector pulse down to .01 that is all. ive changed the following and we are going to do alot of tuning on the car this afternoon, will see where that gets us today.... here is what ive changed today to see how it effects the tune.

min injector pulse width from 1.094>0.122
short pulse limit from 3.995>3.495

i will post up how its running afterwards im pretty sure this will fix the rest of the small issues we are having.

thanks again
Old 08-31-2012, 02:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

by lowering my min injector pulse width and short pulse limit to 3.495 that fixed all my issues. the car starts and drives like bone stock. AFRs are good and can easily be adjusted.

thanks guys BTW IFR is still at 55 across the board
Old 08-31-2012, 03:22 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

told you. what is your short pulse adder set to?

so what are your VE values at part throttle & WOT? care to post the latest tune?

My IFR table is set for my injectors, 80.4#/hour and my VE values idling and up to WOT are in the 90's, a few in the 100's; all of my injector tables are set by the data I was given and it runs as if it was stock.

I don't understand why setting yours to 160 causes such a change. What are your VE values? Maybe with using such a large injector you must scale back on the IFR value and tweak the VE appropriately ??
Old 08-31-2012, 05:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ZL1Killa

I don't understand why setting yours to 160 causes such a change. What are your VE values? Maybe with using such a large injector you must scale back on the IFR value and tweak the VE appropriately ??
thats exactly right ill post my tune file
Old 08-31-2012, 06:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

here is the tune file
Attached Files
File Type: hpt
StreetTuneInjOrg.hpt (457.5 KB, 156 views)
Old 01-15-2013, 07:14 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

About to go through this as well, just to be clear, were you scaling the tune to avoid hitting the g/cylin limitation in the ecu? I was thinking of scaling to 80 as that would make halving everything real easy.
Old 01-27-2013, 03:53 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Scaling has nothing to do with low pulsewidth control. If you halve the injector flow rate you are basically halving your VE table as well. The only reason you need to scale a tune while in SD is if you are wanting to re-gain some resolution in the ignition timing tables as most Gen3 PCM's max out at 1.2 g/cyl which doesn't take alot of power to achieve.

However when scaling properly you do it in percentages so that it is easier to scale your timing tables. If I scale anything I only do 50% to keep the numbers easily configurable. This way in the timing table when I am getting 0.80 g/cyl I know I'm actually getting double that when scaled 50%. This means a 160lb injector @ 43.5psi should show 80lb in the table to be scaled 50% properly. If there is further fueling issues then you need to verify other injector constants are correct and adjust your VE to achieve desired afr/lambda/eq.

Thats as simple as it gets.
Old 03-06-2013, 04:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by James@ShorTuning
Scaling has nothing to do with low pulsewidth control. If you halve the injector flow rate you are basically halving your VE table as well. The only reason you need to scale a tune while in SD is if you are wanting to re-gain some resolution in the ignition timing tables as most Gen3 PCM's max out at 1.2 g/cyl which doesn't take alot of power to achieve.

However when scaling properly you do it in percentages so that it is easier to scale your timing tables. If I scale anything I only do 50% to keep the numbers easily configurable. This way in the timing table when I am getting 0.80 g/cyl I know I'm actually getting double that when scaled 50%. This means a 160lb injector @ 43.5psi should show 80lb in the table to be scaled 50% properly. If there is further fueling issues then you need to verify other injector constants are correct and adjust your VE to achieve desired afr/lambda/eq.

Thats as simple as it gets.
This!

1.20g/cyl can be done with some decent power, you just have 1 row left on your spark table for everything above that! 1000ish rwhp. 1.20g/cyl everything above will be the same timing at higher boost level, timing wise on stock pcm
Its difficult to tune these injectors but it can be done, the car is running flawless now. Min Injector pulse width Must be changed! PM me if you got any questions.
Old 03-07-2013, 08:51 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Will the ecu not be able to reach 80 lbs? I thought the limit of 1.20 g/cyl effectively equated to around 60 lb/hr injectors maxed out?
Old 03-10-2013, 12:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sarg
Will the ecu not be able to reach 80 lbs? I thought the limit of 1.20 g/cyl effectively equated to around 60 lb/hr injectors maxed out?
not even close. 1.20 g/cyl is the max you can go on your timing table but so you will have the same number from 1.20+

Quick Reply: Tuning With 160# High Impdence injectors