Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

??autometer electric fuel pressure gauge took a crap??

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2004, 11:02 PM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default ??autometer electric fuel pressure gauge took a crap??

I was out cruising tonight and saw that the FP guage was reading past 100psi. The car was running normally and the fp gauge under the hood was reading the correct pressure.

Looks like the electric guage went out. Anyone else have this problem? Do you think the sender off the rail took a crap? The gauge is about 3 years old.

I did a search and couldn't find anything posted except for the recall on the 90 degree sweep sending units. Mine is a 2 1/16" Phantom 0-100psi full sweep version.

Troubleshooting:

I checked the connector/wiring from the sender to the control box and found no burns or breaks.

Opened the control box and inspected the circuit board and nothing looked or smelled burnt.

Check all connections and grounds. Good.

The 1 amp fuse for the 12volt power source is in tact. The needle on the guage itself is not loose and moving.

The needle just sits at a little past 100psi and doesn't move with the car on or off. There is also no response when cycling the ignition.

I appreciate any help.
Old 04-07-2004, 11:08 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I recently hooked up a guage and when I had the guage hooked up but not the sender the pressure would gradually rise all the way to max psi in a slow fashion and it did not go back down even when cutting power to it. I plugged in the sender and it was normal. Maybe you really do have a loose connection somewhere? Sounds like you checked it all so how to proced next I don't know. May have to guy a new guage
Old 04-08-2004, 06:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

www.dynotune.org check out his digital fuel gauges, if yours is dead.