Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Car shows running lean

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2012, 10:40 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Or can I just put a breather where the oil cap is?
Old 10-26-2012, 11:24 PM
On The Tree

Also got time setup to get car on the dyno in Watertown SD. Tuner there thinks the MAF is what's giving me the lean codes. Said to put stock back on and see if goes away
Old 10-26-2012, 11:42 PM
Teching In

Definitely swap MAFs out and see if your codes go away. What is your exhaust setup? Are you still running factory cats? Lean codes could be set from poor catalyst flow preventing gases from being exhausted and polluting 02 readings as "lean" when otherwise suitable operating conditions are met. Where are your fuel trims? Have you verified this condition with a wideband?
Old 10-27-2012, 11:28 PM
On The Tree

Threw away the stuff to use my stock MAF. I bought a smooth bellow and slp lid and doesn't fit with my setup. I'm just gonna park the car till I can get it tuned. Tuner said I could still drive with the slp maf but I think I'll just play it safe. I have not verified it is actually running lean. People I've talked to said when its showing lean bank 1 and 2 it is usually the maf or vacuum leak. I still have to check intake bolts to make sure disnt come loose too

Quick Reply: Car shows running lean