Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Bosch Green Giants work with FAST LSX 102?

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2012, 11:25 PM
Super Hulk Smash

Received 138 Likes on 115 Posts

Default Bosch Green Giants work with FAST LSX 102?

Just as the title says. Need some skinny injectors for the FAST LSX 102 and have heard great things about the Bosch Green Giants. They are 42lbs at 3BAR.

Just wondering if they'd fit with the LS2 rail and adapter kit FAST sells and the FAST manifold?
Old 12-29-2012, 07:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 898 Likes on 640 Posts

I believe BayerZ28, can't remember his exact screen name, got the green tops to work on the Fast 102.

I don't know if you have seen this thread or not.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...02-thread.html
Old 12-29-2012, 09:18 PM
Super Hulk Smash

Yeah I have seen that. I knew you needed skinny injectors and the FAST kit. I plan to run the FAST kit, but it's hard to find info on whether an injector is skinny or fat.

Btw, these Bosch injectors are not "green tops"; those are Ford. Instead, these are Gen 3 Bosch injectors that were originally designed for a Volvo Turbo with an EV1 connector. They just happen to be green. And they are sold flow matched from Bosch and have a very good spray pattern and very good dynamic range. So they are a pretty nice piece and are very easy to tune. FI guys seem to love them.
Old 12-30-2012, 07:50 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The green tops are also Bosch. They were sold under ford racing and came in some of the ford lightnings. They flow very similar to the new gen3 "green giants" because it is the old green tops replacement.

I personally like either of those injectors. I've tuned quite a few cars with either of them and they all seem to run and drive awesome especially with the correct cal data!

I am running the older big body green tops in my fast102 and it is a tight fit but they are in there. I would like to later upgrade to the newer style just for the better spray pattern and efficiency.

Beware of the imitations on the market though. There are ALOT of Chinese knockoffs of the "green giant" floating around. They are NOT near as good of quality as the original Bosch's. You can tell if you have real ones if the Bosch part number is stamped into the body of the injector. 0 280 155 968
Old 12-30-2012, 05:56 PM
Super Hulk Smash

Thanks James. You're right about the SVO injectors.

Either way, it's an outstanding injector. The only supporting vendor I've found to stock it is Hinson. They list the part number you have for the injector.
Old 12-31-2012, 02:32 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

FIC stocks those newer Green Giants as well, so you may try to give them a ring as well since they are a little closer to you.

Quick Reply: Bosch Green Giants work with FAST LSX 102?