Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

fuel pump set up for 4th gen camaro

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2013, 07:44 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Good choice. Racetronix is the only kit with a direct drop in replacement because they took the time to develop their pump with the exact size specifications as the stock unit. They even took the time to add the jet pump feature so it still uses the venturi feed to keep the bucket full at all times. The internals of the Racetronix pump are much much better than a stock unit and as such flow more and will last just a long. Can't go wrong with Racetronix.
Old 03-04-2013, 10:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bill 01SS
i have 2001 camaro im putting AFR heads, FAST int and TB with a 581/592 lift cam. i need an, in the tank stock style, pump. Granatelli has a 340 LPH direct replacement. Walbro and Aermotive said they dont have a direct replacement. anyone use a Granatelli pump?
I'm also currently shopping fuel pumps and saw the Granatelli at Jegs and Summit, and honestly haven't seen it before and didn't know they sold a labelled replacement, have only seen the Walbro and High Flow ones. I've been a Fbody owner since '97 and I keep an ear open at meets and shows, I do hear a ton of fake Walbros are from China and ending up on Ebay - figures! They may pump up to 255LPH but the failure rate is high. Anyway over the years I've had friends wiring in the Walbro, yea it isn't a direct fit but it increases their fuel rate for their intake/cam/heads demands at half the price of racetronix and they just mod the assy to make it work, and they don't have to hotwire it.

My builder told me this; You may need to upgrade the injectors too, but said do all your mods and fuel pump and obvioulsly you will need to dyno tune it and it will show right away if you need injectors.

Luckily I've only rcvd positive responses and experienced recommends on my questions and I can tell you there are some brilliant mechanics and engineers on this site if you can catch them with your questions. good luck
Old 03-04-2013, 10:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.racetronix.biz/itemdesc.a...PA-001&eq=&Tp=

Is this the one you bought? Looks like the direct replacement for our 2001 F bodies.

Quick Reply: fuel pump set up for 4th gen camaro