Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

fuel pump set up for 4th gen camaro

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2013, 08:13 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fuel pump set up for 4th gen camaro

i have 2001 camaro im putting AFR heads, FAST int and TB with a 581/592 lift cam. i need an, in the tank stock style, pump. Granatelli has a 340 LPH direct replacement. Walbro and Aermotive said they dont have a direct replacement. anyone use a Granatelli pump?
Old 03-01-2013, 08:15 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

why dont you try actually doing a search...? and try looking in the fueling section. self help is a beautiful thing
Old 03-01-2013, 11:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Racetronix with hotwire kit.Good for up to 600rwhp.
Old 03-02-2013, 01:07 AM
TECH Addict

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by babbage1109
why dont you try actually doing a search...? and try looking in the fueling section. self help is a beautiful thing
I love rude answers like this, I wonder how many answers in your post count contain responses like yours..
Old 03-02-2013, 06:17 AM
11 Second Club

Plenty of them. Esp when simple answers could be found if the person asking would take time to look instead of immediately asking for help.
Old 03-02-2013, 10:24 AM
TECH Addict

ah so in reality you only have about 100 posts...

you ever care to think that not everyone is computer savvy and can work their way around an internet browser?

This forum is for people wanting to fix their cars up, if you don't wanna help them without an attitude then keep your mouth shut..
Old 03-02-2013, 11:54 AM
11 Second Club

I am helping. By telling them where to find it themselves. How do you expect anyone to learn if you just hand them what they want without them actually trying
Old 03-02-2013, 10:42 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Burken01
I love rude answers like this, I wonder how many answers in your post count contain responses like yours..
Originally Posted by Burken01
ah so in reality you only have about 100 posts...

you ever care to think that not everyone is computer savvy and can work their way around an internet browser?

This forum is for people wanting to fix their cars up, if you don't wanna help them without an attitude then keep your mouth shut..
Ahhh.. the typical American "spoon feed me everything" attitude... if an individual were to be savvy enough to have knowledge that such a forum exists in which he can obtain the information to which he desires (which the OP does since he has created a new username and even a thread looking for answers) then thou "should be" savvy enough to perform a basic search function on said forum, should they not?

Two of your posts have cluttered this thread containing absolutely no helpful information or advice pertaining to the OP's original intent for creating the thread. Kudos to you on that, well done sir.

As for the OP, the only aftermarket "direct replacement" that I know of is Racetronix's plug n' play fuel system as posted above in post #3. Ensure you purchase the fuel pump hotwire harness as well, and not just the pump assembly itself. The link above contains the harness and everything else you need however. I would advise you add the option of the upgraded battery to chassis cable as well for increased output.
Old 03-02-2013, 11:51 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by djfury05
Ahhh.. the typical American "spoon feed me everything" attitude... if an individual were to be savvy enough to have knowledge that such a forum exists in which he can obtain the information to which he desires (which the OP does since he has created a new username and even a thread looking for answers) then thou "should be" savvy enough to perform a basic search function on said forum, should they not?

Two of your posts have cluttered this thread containing absolutely no helpful information or advice pertaining to the OP's original intent for creating the thread. Kudos to you on that, well done sir.

As for the OP, the only aftermarket "direct replacement" that I know of is Racetronix's plug n' play fuel system as posted above in post #3. Ensure you purchase the fuel pump hotwire harness as well, and not just the pump assembly itself. The link above contains the harness and everything else you need however. I would advise you add the option of the upgraded battery to chassis cable as well for increased output.
I didnt like the rudeness, New people are new people... Everybody starts off at their own place, don't expect everyone to be on "your" level..

It's an open forum, not to scare people or belittle them. Are you their parent? then shut up.. Your just adding fuel to the fire djfury... get your useless post outta here.. your no help at all.
Old 03-03-2013, 03:42 PM
Teching In

Wow! thx FRY, new to the site and in a rush to get a pump. I was just lookin for some feedback, w/o the rudeness, on Granatelli pumps. Pulled the trigger and ordered the Granatelli. Hopefully be on a dyno by June.
Old 03-03-2013, 04:00 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by bill 01SS
Wow! thx FRY, new to the site and in a rush to get a pump. I was just lookin for some feedback, w/o the rudeness, on Granatelli pumps. Pulled the trigger and ordered the Granatelli. Hopefully be on a dyno by June.
lol goodluck, you have to be careful what questions you ask because alot of people like to do the "do a search" response. they think it helps but it doesnt because the search button on this website doesnt help, google search is better.
Old 03-03-2013, 06:11 PM
10 Second Club

Let me get this straight, you asked for feedback on the Granatelli 340lph pump, and received none for it. However, you received a link to the outstanding Racetronix kit, yet you went ahead and ordered the Granatelli anyways?? Please tell me you meant the Racetronix kit is what you ordered.
Old 03-03-2013, 06:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Rude and angry responces are uncalled for. They keep people with legitimate resp
onces from answering because they don't want ot get caught up in the BS.

Yes a geart many topics have been covered over the years on this and other forms. By your logic no new posts would be made. Give the guy a break, if you don't have his answer dont reply there is enough anger and attitude in the world we really don't need any more.
Old 03-03-2013, 07:13 PM
Teching In

i checked out the racetronix, it said it didnt use a Walbro, so i went with Granatelli cuz i've seen their products used in vettes n camaros at my dealer. prob jumped the gun but, i might cancel my order n call racetronix.
Old 03-03-2013, 08:45 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The Racetronix is a direct fit & is also a Walbro pump.
It includes the correct wiring & does not require any splicing of wires.
It also has a correct flex hose.

The Granetelli is not a direct replacement, the advertisement says it is a direct fit, which means it will fit, but leaves a little to be desired. It does not have the correct fitting for the factory venturi setup & also has a rubber hose instead of the factory type.
Old 03-03-2013, 10:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i checked out the racetronix, it said it didnt use a Walbro, so i went with Granatelli cuz i've seen their products used in vettes n camaros at my dealer. prob jumped the gun but, i might cancel my order n call racetronix.
Ok, I was being a nice guy buy answering your question even though I agreed with the first reply telling you to use a search. But now I have to point out the fact that I don't think it matters if you use a search or we spoon feed you, because I'm not sure you know how to read to well.

This is the First paragraph copied and pasted from the link I posted.
The Racetronix F-LS1 pump assembly is based on Walbro gerotor pump technology utilizing the most powerful armature and gear set currently available. Walbro has set the industry standard in high-performance in-tank pumps. Walbro pumps are QS9000 certified and are used as OE equipment in many production performance vehicles such as the C5 Corvette. Walbro's gerotor design is able to maintain high pressures while providing high volumes as well. This is done by squeezing the fuel out between two gears instead of pushing it like most factory vane pumps do. (i.e. factory F-LS1 pump). This positive displacement design makes high-performance Walbro pumps small, light weight, quiet, efficient and reliable. Tests in the field have proven the Racetronix F99+ system will support upwards of 600RWHP and 700RWTQ in some applications.

Walbro is written in 5 times in 7 sentences just in case you can't count either.
Old 03-03-2013, 11:19 PM
10 Second Club

Whoa whoa.. careful Fry.. Burken is a lurkin' and he'll be in here quick to point out your rudeness and not provide any helpful info himself.. we better keep all the secrets of the search function to ourselves..
Old 03-03-2013, 11:33 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by djfury05
Whoa whoa.. careful Fry.. Burken is a lurkin' and he'll be in here quick to point out your rudeness and not provide any helpful info himself.. we better keep all the secrets of the search function to ourselves..
you sir are immature, and your wrong again. I helped the OP out on not posting stuff that would attract people like you to use it as a reason to add a sny remark.... so kudos to you on letting everyone know why your on this site!! Id be suprised to find out that you are older than 18 yrs old... grow up!
Old 03-04-2013, 09:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I defence of Bill I did a search for Granatelli in the fueling form. There where only 5 threads that where less than a year old. Of these only one mentioned Granatelli as a fuel pump the others where discussing other Granatelli products. The one that mentioned Grantelli fuel pumps had no responces.

So for those of youthat say he should have done a search,

1. He would have found very little information on Granatelli.
2. Technology changes so information over 1 year old might or might not still be of value.
3. He evidently wasnot aware of the Racetronics system. So provide him that information without judgement. That would improve his ability to make an informed decision.
4. The guy is new and is asking for assistance. Why not provide it? If you had been slammed and insulted in one of your first post how involved would you be in these forms today?
5. Does it make you feel somehow superior to slam someone for asking a question. If so you should seek counselling.
Old 03-04-2013, 06:22 PM
Teching In

OK, so i cancelled my Granatelli and ordered the Racetronix kit with the Walbro pump and hotwire kit thru www.nitrousoutlet.com, because the # for racetronix was not in service when i called it. $223 for everything. thanx for the help everyone. btw, i called walbro and aermotive and was told neither of them have a direct bolt in, thats y i just posted lookin for input. maybe a lil lazy on my part but, im crazy busy and in a rush to do my car.-----
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------12.79@113, SLP CAI, 1 5/8 headers, cats, 3" cat back, 3.73s, 315/30/18 Nittos, tune @ englishtown

Quick Reply: fuel pump set up for 4th gen camaro