Lonnie's 340 dual e85 HP limit? - Page 2 - LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

Notices
Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lonnie's 340 dual e85 HP limit?

Old 12-23-2018, 05:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 89mulletbird View Post
Whatever happened here? I was planning to build a dual 340 setup and push around 800 to the wheels.
Ded thredů.
Old 12-29-2018, 04:36 PM
Launching!

dual 340 pumps on E85 in a boosted application would have almost no return flow by 900rwhp.

I wouldn't trust twin 340s on E85 beyond 850rwhp personally.

personally I feel lowering base pressure to try and cheat more flow is a disaster waiting to happen. if they're out of flow, dropping 20psi base pressure will only make a marginal difference. that might fool you into thinking its OK because it makes a dyno pull without dropping pressure..... but do a 800m WOT pull on the highway. they'll soon be out of flow and drop pressure.

dropping base pressure should only be done to influence injectors. I.e. if at idle and 4 bar your injectors are all dead time, then lowering base pressure to get some PW back then that is the only reason it should be done.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Lonnie's 340 dual e85 HP limit?

About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: