Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

No Fuel pressure after fuel sender & ractronix pump install. UPDATE: (Problem Fixed!)

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2015, 09:03 AM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Default No Fuel pressure after fuel sender & ractronix pump install. UPDATE: (Problem Fixed!)

So I bought a 98 ss that had a granatelli pump in it when I bought it. Well on the way home it started running like crap and had no power. I hooked my fuel pressure gauge up to it and only had 40lbs at idle.. (Saposed to be 60). After research it looked like the fuel pressure regulator was probably bad and had seen some post's that the housing the fuel pressure regulator sits in gets out of round and quits sealing.
.... Sooo I bought an all new delphi fuel sending unit and racetronix pump kit. Got the ractronix kit all put it and wired up and installed in the car yesterday and when I turn the key I have no fuel pressure now and I don't even hear the pump running. I have all the wiring plugged in corectly like it was before. i also had to lengthin the ground wire because the racetronix kit didn't reach the ground spot but I couldn't see why that would be a problem? Here is a pic before and after I lengthend the ground wire.

Before
Name:  image_zpskzv3ujw5.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  308.9 KB

After
Name:  image_zps6hfrqij4.jpg
Views: 136
Size:  296.3 KB

Also after removing the old assembly it was in fact the o-ring for the fuel pressure regulator that had popped out. Likely due to the housing becoming out of round with age.
Name:  image_zpsekyshiov.jpg
Views: 124
Size:  295.5 KB

Last edited by sweet99ss; 12-04-2015 at 07:27 PM.
Old 12-04-2015, 04:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Eliminate the stock in tank regulator. Install an adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator on the fuel rail.
Old 12-04-2015, 07:23 PM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Well I fixed this and made a thread on how to fix. My new issue was that the BRAND NEW FPR (fuel pressure regulator) on the BRAND NEW Delphi Sending unit was bad. I found this out by hooking a pressure gauge directly to the pump and it instantly made over 60lbs of pressure. Then Put compressed air on the inlet side of the new FPR and would not even hold 5llbs of pressure. Ended up fixing the old FPR and reinstalled the stock sending unit with Grantelli pump and with the fixed FPR it works great and now holds solid 60lbs of pressure.

Here is that thread in case anyone ever needs it..

https://ls1tech.com/forums/fueling-i...ssue-read.html

Quick Reply: No Fuel pressure after fuel sender & ractronix pump install. UPDATE: (Problem Fixed!)