Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

anyone else have intermittent issues with AEM 320lph?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2016, 10:43 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default anyone else have intermittent issues with AEM 320lph?

Not quite sure whats going on with the pump. Ive never had other pump aside from walbro so im not sure how long these typically last.

Aside from one defective unit from factory every single walbro unit lasted till the car was sold.

This one is less than 1 year and less than 10k miles.
the pump ran flawlessly untill recently.
was used shortly on E85 but was switch back to 91. This is the E85 capable pump.

The issue is as follow. The pump runs great when its running. but sometimes it wont start. It wont prime when i put the key in on. I hear the relay clicking but no pump.(aftermarket relay to reduce voltage drop-its wired directly to a battery with a relay in series.). I tried jumping it directly and still no go. Like the pump was frozen over or locked up.

The only way i seem to get it to work is to just keep trying to turn the pump on. multiple on/off and then al of a sudden i hear the pump priming and it works great again. It does this about once a week.

does this sound like a dying pump?

At first I thought it was wiring but When i hot wired it, it still didnt turn on. I also check the voltage, its a solid 12V
Old 04-25-2016, 08:51 AM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I ditched mine left me stranded multiple times and would just randomly start and work fine again, something like a pump needs to be 100%reliable imo. Screw aem 320

Quick Reply: anyone else have intermittent issues with AEM 320lph?