Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

850rwhp e85 injectors

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2017, 07:34 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 850rwhp e85 injectors

Hey guys, got some good news, getting e85 in my area! I'm in the process of replacing my blown up stock bottom ls1 with a rods and Pistons 6.0 with a precision 7675. What would be some good, reasonably priced injectors? E85 and good for ~850rwhp. Probably won't be that high but I want some wiggle room. Will be in an ls6 intake with aftermarket rails, dual 340 pumps, -8 feed, -6 return. I was thinking about Holley 522-128 120lb low impedance injectors. I'm 17 and still trying to gain some knowledge so sorry if I sound like a noob. Thanks for any input, Logan.
Old 02-24-2017, 07:49 AM
Staging Lane

Also, I have 80# injectors right now, around how far could they get me on e85?
Old 02-24-2017, 10:03 AM
TECH Addict

you will prolly get mixed reviews but some have made 700+ rw with th400 trans at 100% idc with 80's and some have saw less power maxxed out. those 120's with a driver should be plenty imo but while you was at it just wells to with the 160's. never tuned them but i would think the 160's would idle just as good and have more headroom in case u decided to upgrade setups down the road.they are priced about the same i think ? maybe more will chine in with more knowledge.
Old 02-25-2017, 03:16 PM
TECH Addict

Received 202 Likes on 166 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Well just based on what Matt Happel has done, the 210's seem to be the ticket for that kind of HP on E.
Old 02-25-2017, 04:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

There is at least 1 thread in the dyno section with over 800 HP on the DEKA 80's with E85, through an auto. I'm thinking it was a white S10 iirc. I'm making low 700s through an unlocked auto, and still below 80% duty cycle on my SD80's but I'm mixing some gas in to get to E70. 1 gallon of 93 E10, with 4 gallons of E85 makes E70. I use 60 PSI as a base pressure, and it is boost regulated. This gives me 94 lbs/hr no matter the intake manifold pressure. Using E70 does considerably reduce injector duty cycle vs full on E85. It dropped my IDC by about 10-12%. I'm confident I could break 800 RWHP using my SD 80s and E70, but this is very close to the limit of the setup. I really like the 80s for a few reasons though, I find them really easy to tune, they have a really nice consistent spray pattern, and they are very affordable. I think they actually are easier to get to idle well than the stock injectors.

Since you have them, you may want to keep them until you verify that your maxing them out? It is a little different situation than if you had 42s, 54s, or 60s or something like that. If so you would certainly need new injectors and it wouldn't be worth the time to just upgrade them to 80s. Since your 80 will get you close to your goal, that might be an area in your budget than your could save some money, keeping them for now, and just tuning the setup to run within their capabilities. You could always upgrade later easily, its not like some choices in a build where there is no easily changing it.

I also would highly recommend going E70 vs E85 in that case. There really is no drawback to it, other than when you fill up you have to use both nozzles on the pump. I normally only put 10 gallons of gas in my car at a time 8 of E85, and 2 of premium E10 gasoline. If I'm pretty much on E, I can go 10 gallons of E85, and 2.5 gallons of E10. I've got about a 14.5 gallon tank. You just need to keep the ratio correct to within about 10% to what you have it tuned on, E60-E80 for example on an E70 tune. Just a point of interest, we run E10 through our cars that are made pre 2006 and we all tuned from the factory to be E Zero, there wasn't ethanol added to the fueling considerations of vehicles until 2006. Prior to this just the fuel trims and the O2 sensors make up the difference.

You mentioned low impedance injectors? I'm not sure they work with a stock ECU? I was thinking you need high impedance injectors unless your running an aftermarket ECU like the Holley Dominator or HP setup? Maybe someone else can clarify that?
Old 02-27-2017, 09:18 AM
TECH Addict

if going to low imp injectors,he will have to get an injector driver box with the stock pcm.i just converted one of my cars to e85.i may get me a measuring tool to check the content and set mine up for e70 since i just have a 255 pump hotwired and on 42 lb injectors,havent checked but am sure they both are about maxxed out.
Old 02-28-2017, 06:33 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by rpturbo
Well just based on what Matt Happel has done, the 210's seem to be the ticket for that kind of HP on E.
thats what I was thinking about, I was worried idle quality would suffer, but they are obviously working for him. I will look more into them.
Old 02-28-2017, 06:39 PM
Staging Lane

[QUOTE=ScottyBG;19544482]There is at least 1 thread in the dyno section with over 800 HP on the DEKA 80's with E85, through an auto. I'm thinking intake manifold pressure. Using E70 does considerably reduce injector duty cycle vs full on E85. It dropped my IDC by about 10-12%. I'm confident I could break 800 RWHP using my SD 80s and E70, but this is very close to the limit of the setup. I really like the 80s for a few reasons though, I find them really easy to tune, they have a really nice consistent spray pattern, and they are very affordable. I think they actually are easier to get to idle well than the stock injectors.

Since you have them, you may want to keep them until you verify that your maxing them out? It is a little different situation than if you had 42s, 54s, or 60s or something like that. If so you would certainly need new injectors and it wouldn't be worth the time to just upgrade them to 80s. Since your 80 will get you close to your goal, that might be an area in your budget than your could save some money, keeping them for now, and just tuning the setup to run within their capabilities. You could always upgrade later easily, its not like some choices in a build where there is no easily changing it.

I also would highly recommend going E70 vs E85 in that case. There really is no drawback to it, other than when you fill up you have to use both nozzles on the pump. I normally only put 10 gallons of gas in my car at a time 8 of E85, and 2 of premium E10 gasoline. If I'm pretty much on E, I can go 10 gallons of E85, and 2.5 gallons of E10. I've got about a 14.5 gallon tank. You just need to keep the ratio correct to within about 10% to what you have it tuned on, E60-E80 for example on an E70 tune. Just a point of interest, we run E10 through our cars that are made pre 2006 and we all tuned from the factory to be E Zero, there wasn't ethanol added to the fueling considerations of vehicles until 2006. Prior to this just the fuel trims and the O2 sensors make up the difference.

You mentioned low impedance injectors? I'm not sure they

Thanks for the response,yes I'll need a driver to run them with the stock ecu, at this point I'm thinking of seeing how far the 80s will go, or getting some 210s. I have a t56, so that may help me get further. Id like to run straight e85 just to keep things simple. It will be almost daily driven. Again, thanks for the informative reply.

Last edited by SSLogan; 02-28-2017 at 06:44 PM.

Quick Reply: 850rwhp e85 injectors