Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

AN fittings

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2017, 04:38 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AN fittings

looking for thoughts on this. I am fitting my fpr and have opted for AN fittings and hose. I want to mount it on the passenger side for ease of fuel line routing and to avoid the heat from turbo and downpipe. Due to space restraints where I want to put it is close to the passenger side fuel rail. I can use angled connectors therefore no flexible fuel line on the passenger side and a length of flexible line to the driver side. My query is with the engine solid mounted and the fpr mounted to the front plate would some rubber anti vibe mounts for the regulator be all I require?
or am I asking to be showered with petrol?

Old 03-30-2017, 10:33 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My initial thoughts are the alum fittings could crack from vibrations. I realize it's solid mounted but it's the harmonics and time that will get it. Can you move the fpr outboard a bit and run a hose with like 1 inch between fittings?

What's the 90* fitting doing closest the fender well? Is that the return to tank line?
Old 03-31-2017, 03:59 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Nathaninwa
My initial thoughts are the alum fittings could crack from vibrations. I realize it's solid mounted but it's the harmonics and time that will get it. Can you move the fpr outboard a bit and run a hose with like 1 inch between fittings?

What's the 90* fitting doing closest the fender well? Is that the return to tank line?
90 is the feed line return is straight down from under the fpr
cant really move it over any as it brings it all too close to the exhaust
I can redo the mounting bracket and mount it using rubber anti vibration bobbin type wotnots
Old 03-31-2017, 08:39 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What if you plumbed it more tradiational and fed the passengers front, popped the rear and return to the regulator from the drivers side front?

Or switch to steel fittings? The setup may work just fine for years, but with fuel stuff I always error on the side of caution
Old 03-31-2017, 05:45 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Nathaninwa
What if you plumbed it more tradiational and fed the passengers front, popped the rear and return to the regulator from the drivers side front?

Or switch to steel fittings? The setup may work just fine for years, but with fuel stuff I always error on the side of caution
yeah not keen on finding out the hard way!
think I will run two lines up to the back of the rails and 180 fitting into them
​​​​​​​thanks for the replies!

Quick Reply: AN fittings