Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Upgrading Injectors some questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2004, 03:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default Upgrading Injectors some questions

I am upgrading my stock 26lb injectors with a set of SVO 30lb injectors. I did a search and have asked some friends about this. It sounds like what I need to do is modify the flow rate table (flow rate vs. KPA in HPTuners I think)to account for the percentage difference between the stock injectors and the replacements. So if these flow for example 40% more than stock you would multiply the table by 1.4 right? I was told that the flow rate number is the amount of fuel the injector is capable of delivering in a second at a given vacuum reading. So a higher number will indicate a bigger injector and a smaller a smaller injector. Please correct me if I'm wrong here. And also I'd be very appreciative if anyone knows a close approximation of the percentage difference between the stock 26lb vs. the SVO 30lb (I know that with our fuel pressure these end up being around 36 or so). Again any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Joel
Old 07-01-2004, 05:27 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 99C5JA
I am upgrading my stock 26lb injectors with a set of SVO 30lb injectors. I did a search and have asked some friends about this. It sounds like what I need to do is modify the flow rate table (flow rate vs. KPA in HPTuners I think)to account for the percentage difference between the stock injectors and the replacements. So if these flow for example 40% more than stock you would multiply the table by 1.4 right? I was told that the flow rate number is the amount of fuel the injector is capable of delivering in a second at a given vacuum reading. So a higher number will indicate a bigger injector and a smaller a smaller injector. Please correct me if I'm wrong here. And also I'd be very appreciative if anyone knows a close approximation of the percentage difference between the stock 26lb vs. the SVO 30lb (I know that with our fuel pressure these end up being around 36 or so). Again any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Joel

Using my simplistic math skills I came up with a flow difference of 38% which is really close to your 40% So multiplying by 1.4 or 1.38 will get you really close.