Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

LS stack injection looking for info

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2018, 04:31 PM
Launching!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Default LS stack injection looking for info

Has anyone put the stack fuel injection system on a LS? If so what were the results? I was looking at them for my LS7. But was not sure if they would make anymore power that my stock intake.
Old 10-18-2018, 04:40 PM
TECH Addict

Received 475 Likes on 365 Posts

They allow you to make a TON of RPM,, if everything else is dialed in the HP follows..
It also depends are you talking electronic or mechanical injection? They tend to idle a bit erratic,
hard to balance 8 barrels at low RPM ... I've wondered if anyone ever hacked the Drive By wire to work on
a ITB setup, would be a fun and LOUD ride..

A 406 sprint motor will hit 11K like nothing on a Kinsler mechanical.. But its supposed to do that..
Old 10-24-2018, 09:50 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 474 Likes on 354 Posts

Actually, ITB's will tame the idle of radical cam if setup correctly and allow a lower sustained RPM than a carburetor because of they rely less on a vacuum signal. They typically idle better than a throttle body for similar reasons. If sized and set up correctly you will see gains of both torque and HP throughout the RPM range.
Mechanical injection if better left on the track where part throttle operation isn't a huge concern because of the lack of part throttle enrichment. EFI solves that issue.
The only downside is that with 8x the moving parts over a single throttle body you'll need to keep on closer eye on everything to keep it running smoothly.
Here is a great video on

Super Chevy Speedmaster LS7 DownDraft Test
Old 10-29-2018, 09:13 PM
TECH Resident

Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts

You have to build the engine around the ITB's, or select the correct ITB's for the engine. First, the intake ports and valves cannot be too big. They need to be about the same size or a little smaller than the ITB's. If they are bigger, then you'll lose intake charge velocity, and there goes all your low end torque. If you want to make big power, you'll need big heads and BIG ITB's to match.

Second, choose a came with at least 112* LSA, and preferably 114*. That will help prevent reversion and the infamous "fuel cloud" of old.