Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Fast Fuel Rail w/return setup ?'s

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2018, 07:27 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fast Fuel Rail w/return setup ?'s

I recently bought a used Fast LSXRT with the billet fuel rails. Can someone shed some light on how to set this up for a "return style" system? It seems to be already setup for a "returnless" system. I did a google search and couldn't really find much about it. I tried the search function here but it brought up almost every single thread there was (not sure if I used it right).

Can someone maybe link me a picture? I assume you have to 90* back to the return line but not sure which rail to do this off of.

Thanks in advance

Wes
Old 11-04-2018, 07:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3,023 Likes on 2,354 Posts

ALL fuel injection systems are "return style". Some just return closer to the fuel tank. Pressure regulation demands a return of some sort. As long as the engine gets enough fuel, where the return is, is of no consequence.
Old 11-04-2018, 07:53 PM
Staging Lane

That's good to know, I guess. I would like to use the factory supply/return lines on this project (2000 Sierra). They are at the same point of the fuel system in this case (driver's side of intake manifold).
Old 11-06-2018, 10:10 PM
TECH Addict

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

U can run it like my truck is setup. Works fine even with my boosted setup.

I have feed line going into rear rail passenger side.
Thin a -8an crossover fuel line to both rails in front.
Driver rail rear is -6an fuel line to a regulator on firewall.
Thin return from regulater to original return line.

Aeromotive makes a smaller regulater tht will mount directly to the rear driver rail and return line from it. Its a lil more compact in size. Ive uses one back in the day on another setup.
Old 11-09-2018, 05:35 PM
Staging Lane

Good to hear from you again Brandon6.0

I am going to do just that. I found a couple of fittings that will allow me to do so. A 3/8 male quick disconnect to a -6AN fitting that goes into my factory fuel supply line. The other is a 5/16 male quick disconnect to a -6AN for the return line. I am also using a -8AN to -6AN reducer coming off the rails. Like you mentioned...a -8AN crossover.

I also just bought a Aeromotive 1000-6 Fuel pump regulator to connect to it with a fuel pressure gauge. I don't believe this is the compact model you mentioned. I just got from Summit and it seem pretty hefty to install on the rail.
Old 12-01-2018, 08:21 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by brandon6.0
I have feed line going into rear rail passenger side.
Thin a -8an crossover fuel line to both rails in front.
Driver rail rear is -6an fuel line to a regulator on firewall.
Thin return from regulater to original return line.
I am fighting this thing everyday! Any chance you can snap a pic of your setup? I have little to no room. Can't seem to find a legit spot to mount the FPR.