Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Fuel Rails and line routing

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2022, 09:19 AM
TECH Addict

Received 152 Likes on 117 Posts

Default Fuel Rails and line routing

ok, im in the process of beautifying and updating some of my fuel components.
i had stock but wanted to clean up some of thebold stuff and remove a few things. had to shave the rails a tad around where the bolt holes one the stock ls6 manifold go. wasnt anythig too crazy. the 8an lines how ever are another thing.
so I've seen some run the cross over in front while others on the back. with these rails and with my altanator up on the passenger side, I don't have room.
I had the the old aeromotive fpr off the rail with an 4an adaptor but I wanted something a bit more solid, so an 8an straight off the rail and then returned back will do. the fuel pressure sensor will be on the fpr, and I'm thinking of referencing it to where the purge solenoid use to be hooked up on the manifold soni don't have a bunch of vacuum lines running everywhere like before lol the manifold block us a great idea, but in turn, I have Mike sof hoses all over the place lol
Is there anything else i need or should this be good?

Previous layout with aeromotive BRFPR

new rails to go with the 80lbs injectors.

The new racetronic BRFPR woth 8an inlets

the rails making their way in

size comparison. the aeromotive is about 10+ years old, so it was due for sn update. pretty sure it was beginning to deteriate as well.

8an coupler to join the fpr and rail

almost done. the feed lines a bit short for this setup even though it said its for an ls1 lol had to pull the feel line up a hair to meet in the back. the return line is a hardlined i put in from front to back, then it uses the evap return back to the tank in the back.

Old 08-01-2024, 10:43 AM
TECH Addict

Well after some setbacks and another engine lol... putting the fuel rails in, I'm not particularly happy with the cross over in back of the rails. The front of the rails is a bit congested with the alternator, throttle cables and the FPR so im not sure if theres a way around it though.
Anyone have any recommnedations on routing?
Old 08-01-2024, 01:51 PM
Launching!

Received 68 Likes on 52 Posts

Post 54 on my build thread shows how I ran mine probably the cleanest I could I think.

I ran -10 up and put a y into -8 at the back or the rail.
Then off the front of each rail ran it over to my regulator and then back.

My regulator is on one of the mighty mouse brake booster brackets. I really like it. gets it out of the way
The following users liked this post:
JoshuaGrooms83 (08-01-2024)
Old 08-01-2024, 07:43 PM
TECH Addict

Man that is clean! Love that radiator cover too. Those fuel lines are ran nicely. I don't think I can sneak an 8AN under the LS6 snout. The BTR intake probably helps a ton. Deleting that ABS cleans up so much room!
I'm going to eventually run an 8AN feed but im gonna run a 6AN So i have a tad more room with my hose placment at least.
Old 08-02-2024, 09:16 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by JoshuaGrooms83
Man that is clean! Love that radiator cover too. Those fuel lines are ran nicely. I don't think I can sneak an 8AN under the LS6 snout. The BTR intake probably helps a ton. Deleting that ABS cleans up so much room!
I'm going to eventually run an 8AN feed but im gonna run a 6AN So i have a tad more room with my hose placment at least.
Thanks! The BTR is actually pretty low. My fuel line from the passenger side runs under the throttle body, probably more towards the front of it.

Throughout the build I wanted to clean up the engine bay and give myself as much room as I could, knowing that I wanted the procharger up top. I will say moving the fpr over to the brake booster helped a lot. As did the ABS delete.
With my fuel lines I went big once and built around it as I wanted to know I would have more than I would need.

since that pic the motor had to come back out so I did a lot more cleanup lol
Radiator cover I just bent a thin piece of metal and vinyl wrapped it. Turned out alright but would love actual carbon lol
JoshuaGrooms83 (08-03-2024)
Old 08-03-2024, 02:08 PM
TECH Addict

Nice! I'm in the process of trying to weld some pieces together myself and then just paint it and screw it into place. I think I need thinner gauged metal though lol

So unfortunately the ls6 intake just doesn't provide enough room for under the TB, BUT i do have a plan. Gonna run this by and see what ya think...

Ok so bare with me lol I plan on blocking off the passenger rear, a cross over with a 8an banjo fitring on the passenger side to make up for the tight clearance, and then over to the drivers front on the FAR side of the FPR. The fuel supply will be drivers rear with a 180 degree fitting to the hose you see now on the right. The FPR will be mounted on the rail and then the return will go back as usual via 6an pfte hose.
Old 08-04-2024, 08:12 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by JoshuaGrooms83
Nice! I'm in the process of trying to weld some pieces together myself and then just paint it and screw it into place. I think I need thinner gauged metal though lol

So unfortunately the ls6 intake just doesn't provide enough room for under the TB, BUT i do have a plan. Gonna run this by and see what ya think...

Ok so bare with me lol I plan on blocking off the passenger rear, a cross over with a 8an banjo fitring on the passenger side to make up for the tight clearance, and then over to the drivers front on the FAR side of the FPR. The fuel supply will be drivers rear with a 180 degree fitting to the hose you see now on the right. The FPR will be mounted on the rail and then the return will go back as usual via 6an pfte hose.
I think I need a better drawing slash explanation of your plan for it to make sense to me lol
JoshuaGrooms83 (08-04-2024)
Old 08-04-2024, 03:38 PM
TECH Addict

😆 here's a quick diagram for what I was thinking
due to the tight clearance between the alternator and the throtte brackey, i am gonna try an 8an orb banjo fitting to run the crossover on the front.
Old 08-05-2024, 08:37 AM
Launching!

Okay that makes a bit more sense.

Only question I have and maybe I am overthinking is that where you have your FPR it is maintaining pressure for the one rail but will it maintain pressure for the deadheaded one?
I ran mine after both rails to ensure when it is at the FPR it is maintaining 43 psi there which then tells me "in theory" I should have it at the rails as well.

If thats not an issue the only thing I could see then is instead of running the 180 fitting why not just run the fuel line up the back of the block and hook it to the rail there?
Old 08-08-2024, 10:01 AM
TECH Addict

Ok, started actually putting hoses and fitting on the new intake to mock it up. So far here's how it's gonna go. Still trying to figure out howni want the feed to run, but the front cross over to the FPR and return is set as is. I could just feed it from one rail and it crosses over the FPR on the other side, but some say not to do this.
I want to make the intake the center piece so I'm trying to not make it cluttered with hoses all over the top of it, and I was trying to keep too many hoses in the back to be able to keep an eye on any potential fuel leaks.

I thought about this 8an banjo with 8orb to rail, but im not sure this is a good idea for fuel, so ill set thatvaside unless its an emergency. Initally it was gonna be for the area by the alternator, but i think i fixed this issue so i shouldnt need this one

The front cross over into the 6an return will run like this. I thought it looked pretty sexy on the new FAST intake lol

Trying to figure out how to make this look pretty in the back and functional. The y block will be fed some where and then feed the rear rails. How they get there, im still trying to figure that out. The other reason im trying to keep these forward is that the PCV 10an hoses are running in the back and taking up a lot of realastate.
Old 08-08-2024, 11:13 AM
TECH Addict

Ok, I think I settled on this. I think im almost there. Might adjust some of the hoses a tad, but these PTD
FE hises are way easier to cut and fit than regular braided hoses.

I have the feed coming up under the rail midway, and then to the rear of the rail,. Then they both come up and into the FPR Where they return underneath. Only thing that i might have to change is the hoses going on top of the rail since i didnt take into account the potential of the coils getting in the way. Ill have an intermediate hose between the y block and the quick disconect fitting.

Quick Reply: Fuel Rails and line routing