Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

No start - low fuel pressure

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2024, 09:58 PM
11 Second Club

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Default No start - low fuel pressure

Hello
my car died in the staging lanes today after driving it to the track (it’s still there)
I have a dual fuel pump setup that I cobbled together myself, in tank regulator gone, external (racetronix regulator) in line right before the rails. The second pump has never actually been used.
when I put power to the second pump, I only get 5 psi ( was getting zero, then it started working after futzing with wires and adding about 3 gallons of gas)

I checked that both pumps are getting power.
the fuel pressure goes to zero immediately after power to the pump is killed, it normally holds mostly.

im probably going to have to have it towed tomorrow, but I’m hoping someone can chime in and maybe I can drive it out with some brain help

any help is appreciated
Old 06-29-2024, 12:31 PM
TECH Resident

Received 141 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by fucter
Hello
my car died in the staging lanes today after driving it to the track (it’s still there)
I have a dual fuel pump setup that I cobbled together myself, in tank regulator gone, external (racetronix regulator) in line right before the rails. The second pump has never actually been used.
when I put power to the second pump, I only get 5 psi ( was getting zero, then it started working after futzing with wires and adding about 3 gallons of gas)

I checked that both pumps are getting power.
the fuel pressure goes to zero immediately after power to the pump is killed, it normally holds mostly.

im probably going to have to have it towed tomorrow, but I’m hoping someone can chime in and maybe I can drive it out with some brain help

any help is appreciated
Pull the pumps out of the tank and check your wiring, make sure all connections are nice and tight and check the hoses from the pumps to the outlet, if the hose used was not meant for fuel that could have a hole in it. The check valves might be toast on your pumps too if pressure goes straight to zero once powered off.
Old 06-30-2024, 03:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 905 Likes on 646 Posts

My guess, and that's all it is, is a feed line ruptured inside the tank.
The following users liked this post:
Old Buzzard (07-01-2024)
Old 07-15-2024, 12:12 AM
TECH Regular

Received 179 Likes on 130 Posts

It's been two weeks. Any word on Fuel pump/ wiring/plumbing failure ? ?
Hope OP wasn't overcome by fuel vapors.

Quick Reply: No start - low fuel pressure