? for those who HAVE the nasty performance fuel setup

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2006, 10:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default ? for those who HAVE the nasty performance fuel setup

i went from this

to this

ive pm'ed nate with no response yet, not bashing here, just figured i can get some insite from others with this already done.

where did you mount the fuel pump with filters attached, im guessing on the body somewhere. this is not a daily driver so im not too worried about any places obvious to the eye.
the setup i got is single into the rails and out to the regulator, where did you mount the regulator. im thinking passenger side since i have no ac lines there in the way. and later i will be removing the heater box and evap bulk out of the way. and then i can mount it along the firewall.

another concern i have is... one side come with an oring, the other you use the AN fitting BUT, it seems as though it needs the oring there also since it contact the body before the flare, am i correct. since i had one extra oring im guessing it went there. i pretty much had to guess where the orings went, but im not complaining, after staring at the setup it wasnt that bad to figure out. ill be doing the lines later just mocking up parts

Last edited by SVC707; 07-11-2006 at 11:07 PM.
Old 07-11-2006, 10:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

and if i may, heres the engine bay not cluttered as much, where would you put the regulator.

oh yeah. did you guys just totally remove the factory feed and evap lines. im thinking ill just totally remove the factory line. or should i just use that as my return line. so no worrying about running the braided line under car. the return line supplied by nate is a -6

SMILE
Old 07-12-2006, 06:27 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you not get the sumped tank as well? I went with his sumped tank setup and the pump mounted to the side of the tank. I made a bracket and mounted my regulator on the passenger side head.
Old 07-12-2006, 08:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

yes thats the tank next to it but i dont see how to mount the assembled pump on the tank? can you show me how you did it along with the regulator
Old 07-12-2006, 11:20 AM
FormerVendor

You will want the reg within reach so you can adjust the fuel pressure. Use the return I sent it is slightly larger diameter and will make life easier it will eliminate the factory filter.

Nate
Old 07-12-2006, 11:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

so i can just totally remove the factory feed line and evap line and just route the new lines along the same route? figure it would be alot cleaner removed too. btw can you just send me the plate. thanks nate!

oh yeah am i correct by placing the oring there too?
Old 07-12-2006, 11:28 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by SVC707
yes thats the tank next to it but i dont see how to mount the assembled pump on the tank? can you show me how you did it along with the regulator

LOL, I didn't even see the tank sitting there. I had two t-bolt clamps with mounting flanges that I got to line up with the bungs on the side of the tank. They were included in my kit.

For the regulator, I just used a piece of aluminum and mounted the bracket to it. I drilled one larger hole on the end, and used the factory hole in the head.
Attached Thumbnails ? for those who HAVE the nasty performance fuel setup-att00030.jpg   ? for those who HAVE the nasty performance fuel setup-att00034.jpg  
Old 07-12-2006, 11:31 AM
FormerVendor

Yes that needs an Oring as well as the filters and pump.

Nate
Old 07-12-2006, 11:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Blown408
For the regulator, I just used a piece of aluminum and mounted the bracket to it. I drilled one larger hole on the end, and used the factory hole in the head.
youve got the fuelabs setup. ive got the magnafuel, but ill try and mount the regulator up there too.
Old 07-13-2006, 09:15 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by SVC707
Does your tank have the vapor tube bung next to the filler neck? (Can't see in the picture) If so, how do you plan to run the vapor tube? Pics? There seems to be some concern about this (mainly myself) so just curious to see what approach you take.
Old 07-13-2006, 09:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

it has a thread bung there ill prolly get a pip fitting and run a tube i might even make my own evap since i work at a dealership we'll think of something
Old 07-28-2006, 09:49 AM
On The Tree

Do you have a dual relay for your wiring set-up. I currently have an aeromotive controller which will not work with the magnafuel pump. I have to do some re-wiring so I was just curious as to what you did.
Old 07-28-2006, 11:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Check my sig link for some pics of my nasty setup in the car. I put the regulator on the passenger side shock mount point, but I have the fuel lab regulator. Definately get rid of the stock supply/return lines, no need to have them there. I ran my lines along where the stock fuel lines run along the brake lines. Good luck!
Old 07-29-2006, 04:42 PM
9 Second Club

most put the regulator somewhere near the drivers side shock tower area from what i've seen..... you can look at www.teamprickracing.com and a few others for some ideas.. brady has a lot of good pics of his fuel system install on a number of different combos from twin turbo to single turbo to big block, etc....
Old 07-29-2006, 04:45 PM
9 Second Club

oh and if it helps your setup with pump and filters should look like this once mounted up..... you should have some kinda brackets... included from N8....

Old 07-29-2006, 04:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

your is mounted opposite side from mine, dont know why. and he sent me the magnafuel setup. what i dint like after putting the fitting on the tank its like its cross threaded and i did not even use force to put it on there. if i have to later i will remove the whole bung and just have the AN fitting welded to the tank

he sent me a plate to mount the magnafuel setup onto the tank since it has the same location bungs as your but it wont hold the setup i have. it seems though taht i wont be able to run my feed lines without hitting the car though. i will have the tank mounted today, had to get longer bolts too to strap the tank
Old 07-29-2006, 04:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

outlawz: which wires do i grab for the relay to wire up the fuel pumop and sending unit. the sending unit it took the purple to the signal and the solid black to the ground, is that correct? if so i just need to know the rest for the relay now. im trying to get this in running condition this weekend. to get a basic tune to break it in on monday
Old 07-29-2006, 07:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

fuel tank in place. but there is no way this fuel pump filter setup will fit with what ive got. the outlet is already up against the body. i need a 90 8an fitting. im going to alter the plate that Nate sent me to move the assy to the back more. ive got to have this car running by tomorrow night so i may just mount the pump under the truck for now till i get the correct fittings from Nate. But on a side note, the tank fit with no problems

Old 07-30-2006, 01:08 PM
On The Tree

just tap two new holes in the plate nate gave you so that you have enough room. I had to do something similar. I made a plate because I initially had the weldon 600-a and now have the magnafuel.
Old 07-30-2006, 05:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

show me how you did it. i tried and moved the holes to the very end and still not enough room. with another 90 degree i can make due, i tired to find more of the aluminum plate to move the pump even further back, but no home depot or ace hardware has it. this sucks since im supposed to be at another shop first thing in the morning for a basic tune

Quick Reply: ? for those who HAVE the nasty performance fuel setup