Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

problems with aeromotive 1000

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2006, 09:07 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by edstrokedta
well unfortunatley that did not solve my problem. changed pressure to 58 psi and reprogrammed the pcm but still same problem. my setup made 450rwh all motor. now it has a procharger with 12 lbs. is it possible i have maxed out the pump??? i did not think so, but now i am starting to wonder. any ideas?
Yes its maxed out. The A1000 pump in a single setup is only good for about ~650rhwp with forced induction.

The way ive always set them up is with a boost reference vaccum source. do you have an FMU with your setup?...One you reach boost a vacuum source from your unit will spike fuel pressure with a 1:1 reaction on fuel pressure. That may get you by for now but i still think you should prolly bemaking more then 650 id think with a 12psi blower setup...add another A1000 and y it together with the feed line or upgrade to a bigger pump like the Eliminator.
Old 09-18-2006, 11:11 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by V6 Bird
Ive never been a fan of the dual intanks because they tend to fight each other sometimes.

And now you tell him to run 2 Aeromotive pumps?? why when there are plenty of pumps out that will support his power level with one pump no issues.

Nate
Old 09-18-2006, 11:30 AM
TECH Resident

well unfortunatley that did not solve my problem. changed pressure to 58 psi and reprogrammed the pcm but still same problem. my setup made 450rwh all motor. now it has a procharger with 12 lbs. is it possible i have maxed out the pump??? i did not think so, but now i am starting to wonder. any ideas?
If pressure is dropping off then you have maxed out the pump as its currently set up, but not the volume of the pump's capability itself. In other words the pump can make about 80 gallons per hour @ 12v and 60 psi. That's over 480 lbs/hr or enough for over 900 fwhp blown. Do yourself a favor and call Aeromotive and send your pump in for a free flowtest. Its possible that operating it at high pressure has damaged the pump mechanism. They can rebuild it and there may be an upgrade available for your pump. The newer pumps from this past year flow even better.
Old 09-18-2006, 02:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Nasty N8
And now you tell him to run 2 Aeromotive pumps?? why when there are plenty of pumps out that will support his power level with one pump no issues.

Nate
I didnt tell him to ***. I suggested it. If you know how to read you can see that he has the option to add another A1000 or to run an Eliminator pump. Correct me if Im wrong.
Old 09-18-2006, 02:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Nasty N8

Nate
First off show me dual pumps mounted outside a tank that will cause issues.

Next, I will help you out since you dont read very well.

Originally Posted by V6 Bird
...add another A1000 and y it together with the feed line or upgrade to a bigger pump like the Eliminator.

With the word or in that statement, it means this man has an option and that I gave a suggestion. what he does with it is his dealing. kinda like how you told me in a previous post by this man that mouning the pump on the side of the gas tank would be fine. Unfortunately thats not what these pumps like and therefore you provided bad information.
Old 09-18-2006, 03:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by andereck
If pressure is dropping off then you have maxed out the pump as its currently set up, but not the volume of the pump's capability itself. In other words the pump can make about 80 gallons per hour @ 12v and 60 psi. That's over 480 lbs/hr or enough for over 900 fwhp blown. Do yourself a favor and call Aeromotive and send your pump in for a free flowtest. Its possible that operating it at high pressure has damaged the pump mechanism. They can rebuild it and there may be an upgrade available for your pump. The newer pumps from this past year flow even better.
I dont think its hurt honestly. Im really confident that its maxed out and he needs a bigger pump or another pump to compliment the one he has now.
Old 09-18-2006, 04:32 PM
On The Tree

Do you all think it is possibly that edstrokedta is pushing over 650rwhp cause me and him both find it hard to believe that he is maxing the pump out. Like he said the car made 450rwhp all motor and then he put the charger on and the upgraded fuel system I not sure what the problem is but I find it hard to believe that the pump is maxed out!!!
Old 09-18-2006, 04:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by trucksleeper
Do you all think it is possibly that edstrokedta is pushing over 650rwhp cause me and him both find it hard to believe that he is maxing the pump out. Like he said the car made 450rwhp all motor and then he put the charger on and the upgraded fuel system I not sure what the problem is but I find it hard to believe that the pump is maxed out!!!
at 12 psi on the blower, id say yes. its good for another ~200 hp the way im seeing it.
Old 09-18-2006, 05:03 PM
Staging Lane

all right guys no need to fight. i will call aeromotive and see what they have to say. i have no idea what it could be now. i will keep you posted.
Old 09-18-2006, 06:01 PM
TECH Resident

Looking forward to an update.
Old 09-19-2006, 02:27 PM
Staging Lane

just got off the phone with aeromotive. the tech said that i should change my feed line to the pump to a 10 an line(from my 8an) and also to give him a four digit number stamped on the bottom of the pump. plan on taking the pump off tonight to get the number. he said some of the pumps produced last year had problems and if it was one of them he would set me up with an upgraded one. so maybe there is a little light shining on the subject. any thoughts on the 10an hose? will keep you posted.
Old 09-19-2006, 03:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

just got off the phone with aeromotive. the tech said that i should change my feed line to the pump to a 10 an line(from my 8an) and also to give him a four digit number stamped on the bottom of the pump. plan on taking the pump off tonight to get the number. he said some of the pumps produced last year had problems and if it was one of them he would set me up with an upgraded one. so maybe there is a little light shining on the subject. any thoughts on the 10an hose? will keep you posted.
Ill be honest. the -8 should have no problems supplying what you are working with. But i did assume you already had -10an as the feed.

i had big fuel rails that accepted my -8an from a magnafuel y-block. I did run -10 from the tank all the way to the y-block under the cowl. Split it from there and ran a hose to each back side of the rail. The regulator is mounted on the passenger side head, with a line from each front of the fuel rail to each side of the reg. Then i ran a -6an return line all the way back to the front of the tank poiting at the sump in my 98 tank.

You are running a return style system correcT?

Please outline your setup one more time here for us.
Old 09-19-2006, 03:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

all right guys no need to fight. i will call aeromotive and see what they have to say. i have no idea what it could be now. i will keep you posted.
No fighting going on. Just some stearn messages being relayed.
Old 09-19-2006, 03:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

BTW, find you a hose supply company local to you where you can buy some -10 pushlok hose. get you some pushlok fittings there too. far cheaper and the same stuff to be honest that Jegs and summit sell for 100% markup.
Old 09-20-2006, 05:12 AM
Staging Lane

Yeah That Is What I Used I Did Not See Any Reason For The Expensive Stuff Either. Ok Here Is The Break Down Of My Setup. Starts At The Nasty Sumped Tank. Next, Via 8 An Line, Leaves The Sump Into A 90 Fiting That Goes Alongside The Pass Side Of The Tank. Then Into A 100 Micron Aeromotive Filter That Is Screwed Directly Into The A1000. Then 8an Hose All The Way To The Pass Side (fast)fuel Rail. The Rails Are Connected At The Back And The Regulator Is Mounted To The End Of The Driver Side Rail. For Now I Am Running The Factory Return Line BacK into The Nasty Tank. If You Have Any Questioins Just Ask, Not Sure What Else To Say Right Now.
Old 09-20-2006, 08:17 AM
TECH Senior Member

Yeah That Is What I Used I Did Not See Any Reason For The Expensive Stuff Either. Ok Here Is The Break Down Of My Setup. Starts At The Nasty Sumped Tank. Next, Via 8 An Line, Leaves The Sump Into A 90 Fiting That Goes Alongside The Pass Side Of The Tank. Then Into A 100 Micron Aeromotive Filter That Is Screwed Directly Into The A1000. Then 8an Hose All The Way To The Pass Side (fast)fuel Rail. The Rails Are Connected At The Back And The Regulator Is Mounted To The End Of The Driver Side Rail. For Now I Am Running The Factory Return Line BacK into The Nasty Tank. If You Have Any Questioins Just Ask, Not Sure What Else To Say Right Now.
I dont think you need -10 yet. But I would change the setup under the hood. Ditch the stock return line for one. Split the feed line into two lines to feed the back of the rails seperately. run the front of the rails into each side of the regulator and run a new -6 return line back to the tank. If the pump isnt maxed out it should help. Also did you ever remount the pump itself off the side of the tank?

edit**With what ive come back and re-read it sounds like the first row of injectors are rubbing all the fuel from the other side since you have a crossover. Thats partially why I suggest with your fuel needs you run a feed line to each rail and run the other ends into the regulator and the return line still may be suffiecient but id like to see a -6an used instead to keep the system flowing at capacity. I think if you make these changes you could see fuel pressure stabilize.

take pics.

Last edited by V6 Bird; 09-20-2006 at 03:15 PM.
Old 09-22-2006, 06:02 AM
Staging Lane

i have not moved the pump yet, school has been taking up most of my time. that is an interesting idea about the crossover. do you really think that one fuel rail could be receiving most of the fuel? also i have pics but i cant post them. do you know how?

Last edited by edstrokedta; 09-22-2006 at 06:15 AM.
Old 09-22-2006, 07:45 AM
TECH Senior Member

i have not moved the pump yet, school has been taking up most of my time. that is an interesting idea about the crossover. do you really think that one fuel rail could be receiving most of the fuel? also i have pics but i cant post them. do you know how?
email me.

mhutto01@gmail.com
Old 09-23-2006, 10:02 AM
Staging Lane

sent pics let me know what you think.
Old 09-23-2006, 09:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

sent pics let me know what you think.
sent back...ive got some good ideas in the email too once you respond back to the questions I asked.

Quick Reply: problems with aeromotive 1000