Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Fuel system for naturally aspirated 415 ci?

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2006 | 01:10 PM
9 Second Club NA

Default Fuel system for naturally aspirated 415 ci?

I plan on building a 415 ci L92 in the NEAR future and was wondering what you recommend for fuel system. I currently have the Racetronix system that you can view on Thunder Racing's website, but I'm not sure if it will be sufficient for the power/setup I'm building. I really don't know how much I will make or what to expect. I don't even know what the Racetronix is rated for.

Injectors. I had a set of SVO 30s, but I sold them because I knew they wouldn't be enough. What do you suggest I use?

Fuel rail. On my old motor/setup, I used the stock rail, but I sold it because I figured it wouldn't support the new motor/power as well. What do you suggest I use?

Lastly, is there anything that I need to get rid of or add in the fuel system for the new setup? Again, this will be an aggressive 415 ci L92 that will be track/drag driven only. Thanks.
Old 10-28-2006 | 10:11 PM
Retired Street Racer

A walbro in tank (Like the one used in the Racetronix kit) should be enough for your 415 if you stay NA. This is taken right from Racetronix's website, "Tests in the field have proven the Racetronix F99+ system will support upwards of 600RWHP and 700RWTQ in some applications." If you feel that you will exceed that, you might want to look into the Aeromotive pumps, or dual Walbro in tanks.

As far as injectors go, I would go with a set of 42lb injectors, either SVO green tops or the Delphi/Racetronix. I had luck with both injectors as far as tunability & supplying enough for my old setup, and I know Tim Tosto runs the Delphis in his NA 422 ci motor with no problems.

And lastly, on the rail question, both Speed Inc & Nasty Performance have been manufacturing their rails for quite a few years now, and use them on big horsepower setups. You can't go wrong with either.
Old 10-30-2006 | 09:29 PM
9 Second Club NA

I don't know how much power I'll make, but I doubt that I'll see 600hp/700tq with a 415 ci motor. I didn't realize the Racetronix kit supported that kind of power.

I never had any problems with the SVO 30s. I was recommended the 42s for a 402 build. I didn't realize that they would be good for a 415 built. How much power do they support?

What are your thoughts on the FAST rails? Is there really that big of a difference between various rails?
Old 11-01-2006 | 11:15 AM
9 Second Club NA

Anyone know how much the power SVO 42s support?

What's the difference between all the various fuel rails?

Is there anything else that I should delete or add to my fuel system?

Lastly, Racetronix claims 600rwhp/700rwtq on their fuel system with the Walbro pump, is this power level dependent on the entire system or solely on the pump?

Thanks.
Old 11-01-2006 | 11:41 AM
Retired Street Racer

The 42lb injectors will be enough for your setup. There have been a lot of guys deep in the 600hp range, and I have seen them using them all the way up to 750 hp. The Racetronix kit is the same as a Walbro with a hotwire kit. It should be enough for your setup.

I am not too familiar with the FAST fuel rails, but they seem similar to the Speed Inc rails, and those flow really well.
Old 11-07-2006 | 12:51 PM
9 Second Club NA

I used the injector calculator in the sticky up to, I used 550 as the hp input and 8 as the number of RC injectors, and it came out to 42.96. The hp I used was just an estimate, it could be more, it could be less. What would be the next size up from a 42? By the way, aren't the SVO numbers actually higher in our cars since we use a higher pressure? If I remember correct, I used the SVO 30s in my old setup, but actually it was around 36 with our pressure. Is this correct?
Old 11-08-2006 | 04:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Dragaholic
I used the injector calculator in the sticky up to, I used 550 as the hp input and 8 as the number of RC injectors, and it came out to 42.96. The hp I used was just an estimate, it could be more, it could be less. What would be the next size up from a 42? By the way, aren't the SVO numbers actually higher in our cars since we use a higher pressure? If I remember correct, I used the SVO 30s in my old setup, but actually it was around 36 with our pressure. Is this correct?
SV0 42's are like 47.xx lbs per hour on our pump. i remember finding calculator and getting that number for the SV0 42's at 56psi which i believe the GM pump puts out.
Old 11-09-2006 | 11:46 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Dragaholic
I don't know how much power I'll make, but I doubt that I'll see 600hp/700tq with a 415 ci motor. I didn't realize the Racetronix kit supported that kind of power.
I remember seeing a post about a 402 N/A build that was putting out 620 hp with pump gas. I think there were dyno plots too. Just FYI
Old 11-10-2006 | 10:33 AM
Retired Street Racer

Yeah the SVO 42lbers are right at 48lbs at our fuel pressure.
Old 11-10-2006 | 11:02 AM
9 Second Club NA

I guess I'm going to try and get my hands on a set of SVO 42 lb. flow matched injectors. Besides Ebay, where's the cheapest place to buy them at?