Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Nasty Fuel Tank

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2007, 11:00 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Nasty Fuel Tank

Guys, I've been dealing with a issue since I've installed my Nasty fuel tank... I 'm hoping maybe someone has figured it out.

Initially I ran a hose from the vent,,, wrapping around the filler neck to a 90 deg bulkhead fitting. I could fuel...fill her up and everything was fine except it would slosh out in a turn and or evaporate the fuel continuously. I then installed a rool over check valve, mounted vertical at the highest point of the filler tube... now I can't fill my fuel tank unless I've got 2 hours to burn(exaggerating)... none the less it takes a good 30+min to fill her up. Any help appreciated,

Mark
Old 09-11-2007, 09:58 AM
TECH Regular

Wow, never in my life did I expect so much help....... thank you guys
Old 09-11-2007, 11:43 AM
FormerVendor

I do not know I have our car exactly the same way and have no problems filling it. It is going to stink as you are VENTING out that line and not into a charcoal can anymore. Maybe the coils are full of fuel blocking air?

Nate
Old 09-11-2007, 05:32 PM
TECH Regular

I really don't mind the smell... it's just now with the roll-over check on the end I can't fill her up. Could you maybe give me a diagram.... I claim to have this all in right, but maybe I'm just stupid. Thanks for your help Nate............. oh and by the way... Where are my decals!!!?????

Thanks,

Mark
Old 09-15-2007, 10:16 PM
On The Tree

What kind of roll-over valve? did you accidentally kink the line, or put the valve in upside down? Not sure, just thinking of things that might have gone wrong when you installed the roll-over valve. You might want to just look over everything and make sure it's not some simple error you made. (unless you've already done that) Pics? maybe their would be more ideas if we could see it