Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

How to correctly plumb in aftermarket rails for even fuel distribution

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2007, 07:39 PM
8 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default How to correctly plumb in aftermarket rails for even fuel distribution

Guys I was wondering if you have any picks of how you plumbed in your aftermarket fuel rails. From what I have been told is the best way is to feed each rail from the back-then have a crossover at the front that feeds inot a regulator then out. On my C5 I couldn't find a nice neat way to feed each rail from behind. At the back of my rails i have my crossover-and even then I had to modify the firewal to make it fit. So currently I have a crosover at the back and my feed line comes in on the passenger side and exits at the driver side-it works but I don't think it balances out the fuel like it should.
Old 09-10-2007, 08:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

i use a Y at the front to each rail with fpr at the back with -10 return

single fuel line coming from tank then to Y to rails down to crossover to fpr.
fpr is in center of crossover

wish i had pic

O is FPR

^RETURN
1--O--1
1 1
1 1---FUEL RAIL
1 1
1 --Y--1
^INLET
crude sketch
Old 09-10-2007, 09:28 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Arun,
Your car is fine the way it is. You could feed both rails in parallel, but I have not seen any problems with series setups using aftermarket rails..... they are rather large on the inside. I've seen many cars with this config. push well over 1000rwhp without any issues.

A parallel setup with -8 to the front, split to each rail, then joined to the reglulator at the other end will probably be good to over 1500rwhp.
Old 09-10-2007, 10:20 PM
Coal Mining Director

Cars are going 8's with your plumbing.
Old 09-10-2007, 10:46 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by onfire
Cars are going 8's with your plumbing.

To the OP: He's right. Cars do go FAST with that exact set-up.

I personally do not think it is the best way to do it but it's hard to argue with results.
Old 09-10-2007, 11:02 PM
8 sec potential, 12 sec slip

It looks to me like they were made to go in series and specifically in thru the p/s and out of the d/s. If you look at the rails and notice how the injectors are angled, this makes most sense. Look at the quick sketch below and tell me which one you think has the better flow path from the rail to the injectors... Looks like the blue to me This is how I hooked mine up and so far no problems...

Old 09-11-2007, 12:02 PM
FormerVendor

Ya but at 60psi it has nothing to do with direction of travel trust me we have done plenty of flow testing on the rails and it makes no difference. "Y'ed" is the most efficent but have not seen issues at your power level. Have you got a lean condition now? I want to know the max of the Lonnies kits we have yet to see one from anyone that has ordered.

Nate
Old 09-11-2007, 12:51 PM
8 Second Club

Thanks guys I appreciate it! My car is still apart awaiting some mods so I figured I would ask to see if it was worth modding. With these mods i'm hoping that they'll ask me to put a chute on the car!

Old 09-11-2007, 12:56 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by Nasty N8
Ya but at 60psi it has nothing to do with direction of travel trust me we have done plenty of flow testing on the rails and it makes no difference. "Y'ed" is the most efficent but have not seen issues at your power level. Have you got a lean condition now? I want to know the max of the Lonnies kits we have yet to see one from anyone that has ordered.

Nate
Nate Lonnies kit is working mint-my duty cycle is around 85%-it may go up when I lock the converter which i will have to next time out. My PE table is pretty stable-I don't have to add any fuel up top-so this means the whole setup is working fine. Although next time out it maybe a different story-where going for the fastest C5 Centri car so a 9.33 is the number where after.
Even still Lonnies said he maybe able to add another pump-if we need it.

Old 09-13-2007, 05:02 PM
On The Tree

How about some information as to the lengths to cut the braided steel lines for the runs between the rails and that for the disconnect for FAST and GM manifolds?

This thread has sticky potential.
Old 09-27-2007, 01:46 PM

I just installed a typhoon intake manifold on my c5. My car idols but isn't getting enough fuel. There is no regulator on the new rails and have been told my car doesn't need one. It is deff. running too lean though. Seems like cyl. 1-7 odd are running way lean. (obviously not driving it because of this). I ran my lines like it said from (looking at the picture/diagram about from the driver-side (right) flywheel side (top) to the nose of the car (bottom) to the passenger side (passenger side) to the passengers flywheel (top left) with a cap. No return line. Do I just need a regulator or is Proff. Prod. on crack? When it comes to running oversized fuel rails?
Old 09-27-2007, 11:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

would someone mind drawing up a way to set up my lines on my car with a rails, fuel pressure reg., and a stock tank?

it would really help out. thanks
Old 09-28-2007, 09:38 PM
8 sec potential, 12 sec slip

Originally Posted by SSilverSSurfer
would someone mind drawing up a way to set up my lines on my car with a rails, fuel pressure reg., and a stock tank?

it would really help out. thanks
Simple search could have got you that... But since I'm such a nice guy, I did one for you (I'm assuming your car is an f-body)

BTW- this is using the stock EVAP line as a return, but you can run a separate return line if you want to keep the EVAP. Also- don't forget to remove the stock regulator from the tank.
Old 09-29-2007, 03:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

thanks man i appreciate it. i searched forever. i guess i was looking in all the wrong places

Quick Reply: How to correctly plumb in aftermarket rails for even fuel distribution