Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Help! Not gettin' any gas at injectors or spark....

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2004 | 09:27 AM
Ozz
Launching!

Under the carpet in front of the drivers seat is a ground wire, my car had the same problem the dealer never found it. I found it by accident. cleaned and torqued the bolt and no problems in over a year.
Old 06-14-2004 | 11:17 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 1BDWS6
I got mine fixed...it was an Ignition relay control module. Had fuel at fuel rails but control module was not telling injectors to spray fuel into the motor. I believe it only works on startup so once the car is running, it stays running. That's the same thing my car did. Once it started it run like a raped ape, just getting it started somtimes was a pain.
TURNED OUT TO BE IGNITION SWITCH RELAY!!!!

Old 06-16-2004 | 12:13 PM
11 Second Club

awwww snap, did you change it out? How hard was it? I swear this is exactly what my car does.
Old 06-16-2004 | 02:14 PM
Staging Lane

I couldn't find a wiring diagram for it to locate all the relays. Tried and tried, but no one had a diagram and no one could tell me where to look. Dealer towed it in for free, dianosed and fixed it for free since they screwed up the first time. This relay is suppose to be located by the power distribution box up front, but I took a quick look and didn't see it. Should be easy to change out, I would think.
Old 06-16-2004 | 03:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

That's awesome that you got this figured out finally. thanks for keeping everyone up to date so that anyone else that experiences this problem will have an easier time figuring it out.

Mike
Old 06-21-2004 | 11:23 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by buschman
That's awesome that you got this figured out finally. thanks for keeping everyone up to date so that anyone else that experiences this problem will have an easier time figuring it out.

Mike
I really missed my car. Glad to have it back!
Old 06-27-2004 | 04:46 PM
11 Second Club

i thought my problem was gone......but today I take a right onto the highway hit 2nd gear, car dies. I'm like oh not now. Try and try car is turning over, cant hear the fuel pump come on. I think damn did the fuel pump finally go. So I swap the fuel pump relay and fuse for the uummteenth time, sit and sit, car sputters a few times, i keep turning it over, finally it starts. I go to oreillys, have the battery checked alternator, both good. I turn the key over and over it fires up everytime. Swap the relays/fuses back to how they were, car starts fine. WTF, so I pull the fuelpump relay while the car is running, it gets ready to die, i kill it. I started troubleshooting I do the same thing with the ignition relay car dies, I try and turn it over with the ignition relay out and it does exactly what it does when the problem ocurrs....except you can hear the fuel pump whirring, when the car decides to die on me, the fuel pump doesnt come on. Wtf is going on, I really need the help, im driving 1029 miles friday and I dont want to break down halfway between nebraska and alabama.