Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

fuel pump feed hose keeps blowing off

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2003, 03:28 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fuel pump feed hose keeps blowing off

I replaced the accordian hose coming off my Walbro pump with 5/16" fuel injection hose. At first I used a metal screw in clamp to hold it on but it blew off within a week, stripping off the inside of the hose. So then I replaced the clamp with a radiator hose type clamp. (the kind you compress with piers) That lasted about a week and a half and it blew off too. What's everyone else using to keep the hose on? Each time it comes off it strips the inside of the hose off. It's coming off from the top. Thanks for any suggestions.
Old 08-13-2003, 04:26 AM
Restricted User

Default Re: fuel pump feed hose keeps blowing off

Go to an auto parts store and pick up some clamps, kinda like the worm gear radiator but they are Fuel Injection clamps. They have a complete circle, with a small bolt that screws into one of the tangs, no little gear slots, and the ends are rolled for a smooth edge as to not cut into the hose. Trust me, I have taken my pump out 4 times in the past week...not due to these clamps.....I was sold normal fuel line as "hogh pressure fuel injection line" and it blew holes thru it after a couple months, then installed correct line, but had a kink in it, and blew holes in that, and finally got the right cut, and install...happy again.
Old 08-14-2003, 11:10 AM
Teching In

Default Re: fuel pump feed hose keeps blowing off

Yes make sure your hose is FUEL INJECTION hose. The idiots at the auto part stores will sell you anything.

Quick Reply: fuel pump feed hose keeps blowing off