Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

42 lbs Lucas Injectors rating?

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2008, 07:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Frost
Yes, but no one can just give you values, you need to tune to get what what you are looking for.
what PSI should {B4001} be set at? minimum, maximum or average
and do you change {B3701} as well?
could you post which tables, what order, and how. (calc.pid)
Old 08-20-2008, 07:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what other settings should be adjusted and results would they do? The only thing i have tried to mess with is injector constant to lower my ve numbers a bit.
Old 08-20-2008, 09:34 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by shoemike
what PSI should {B4001} be set at? minimum, maximum or average
and do you change {B3701} as well?
could you post which tables, what order, and how. (calc.pid)
I don't use EFIL enough to know what those tables are, and as I said, they will be somewhat unique to your own setup.

What is the specific issue you are having?
Old 08-20-2008, 07:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Frost
I don't use EFIL enough to know what those tables are, and as I said, they will be somewhat unique to your own setup.

What is the specific issue you are having?
rich deceleration. (OLSD)
no matter how much is subtracted from the VE table
in the low kPa areas it is rich. (30kpa-)
and with those areas so low in value there is a hard transition
that can be felt when getting back into the throttle.
can the IFR table be "stepped" in stead of sloped?

Last edited by shoemike; 08-20-2008 at 08:15 PM.
Old 10-14-2008, 06:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

yeah funny you metioned them running on the rich side...i am currently having rich cruising problems
Old 10-14-2008, 07:53 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

rich cruising... some table isn't correct, what is your IFR table look like? any other tables you want to post up
Old 10-16-2008, 07:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

how do i change and look at my ifr table in tuner cats?
Old 10-16-2008, 10:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

=====================================
11/23 UPDATE: Well, I have been driving, logging and tuning of the past few weeks. The injector settings in my latest pump gas tune are the ones that have given me the best overall performance of my Lucas 42#'ers. You can check out my tune in my signature.

I have been experimenting with injector timing, IFR, Pulse Width Adjustment, default and minimum pulse width. These settings given me the more stead AFR's while AUto VE tuning and under decel, my AFR's stay around 14:1. Please note, my car has no MAF and runs a full OLSD tune. Questions, let me know. My IFR is set up for a vac referenced reg at 64psi of fuel pressure.
=====================================

Well, incase anyone is still wanting to try different settings... I have been tuning, driving and logging off and on for the last 2 weeks, partly because I just finished a cam swap to a much bigger cam (242/248 .613/.617 112+2). I found some data from a tuner in a thread on the HPTuners forum regading Injector Offset for Lucas 42's. I noticed that the offset was very close to what The AEMPro tuning tool gives you when you run their Injector Offset Wizard and select similar injectors. (I used to use AEMPro a ton when I was a Supra guy) In this case, I selected the RC Eng 42# 13ohm injectors... which i suspect are flow matched Lucas injectors. Anyway, I took the AEM Data and entered it in the region (35-37kpa manvac) that I idle at, then scaled it up and down for decel and accel. I also entered minimum pulse based on an article I found that said the Lucas disc injectors have a minimum pulse of 1.0ms. So, I entered a min pulse of approc .749ms because my small pulse adjustment under decl is .3ms to .4ms. So, I will get close to 1.0ms if the tune requires it. Anyway, these settings are the ones that have given me the best idle, the most stable AFR and the "cleanest" AutoVE feedback, and my AFR isnt bouncing allover the place during throttle transitions. My decel gets the injectors down to 1.6ms and I never get richer than 13.4:1 while in decel. I am going to lean my VE in the decl regions next and see what I get get them down to. Anyway, here they are.... (these numbers are from EFILive, so if you are using HPTuners, you will have to transpose the columns and rows for the Pulsewidth Voltage Adjustment. You should be able to cut and paste into Excel as space delimited text to get it in the cells.

My IFR is computed with an IFR Calc spreadsheet... for 42.29lb injectors (what my spec sheet from PT says) at 64psi. (I run a vaccum referenced FPR set to 64psi warm) Tomorrow I will continue with VE Tuning to get decel a tad leaner, flatten out the midrange and update my findings.

Last edited by Goldfinger911; 11-24-2008 at 10:34 AM.
Old 11-23-2008, 08:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

UPDATED Data and Tune. See above

Quick Reply: 42 lbs Lucas Injectors rating?