Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

dual fuel pumps possibly leaning out

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2008, 01:01 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dual fuel pumps possibly leaning out

well i'm not sure if it is my actual problem.... but i gotta start somewhere.... i put my 408 out of my wrecked SS in a 95 240sx...... i"m gonna spray it so hinson motorsports suggested I run dual walbro 255 fuel pumps and dual 6an feed lines to fuel rails then out to aeromotive FPR then 6an return line..... ok the problem is I have a big cam and its not chopping at all hardly.... when motor was in SS i had the fuel pump mess up on it and the car would almost sound like a stock cam..... and its sounding same now after just getting it running.... i have 58 psi at FPR and i was wondering if this could be the problem...... everything is brand new ..... please any input will help.,....
texas-speed tuned computer
Old 10-03-2008, 01:03 PM
Teching In

Here's pic of the setup
Old 10-09-2008, 07:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Very off the topic, but could you please send me a positive trader rating for buying those door panels? I sent you one and PM'd you, so please give me a good rating since I paid promptly and waited patiently.

Thanks!

On topic, what size injectors are you running, can you have someone with a computer and software look at what percentage of duty cycle are they at, and can you watch fuel pressure?

I'd be hesitant to diagnose without a laptop, fuel pressure gauge, and wideband as my tools. I know nothing about necessary fuel line size and my injected experience lies with 5.0 Mustangs so take my advice for what it's worth.
Old 10-13-2008, 03:00 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by 2000LS1Girl
well i'm not sure if it is my actual problem.... but i gotta start somewhere.... i put my 408 out of my wrecked SS in a 95 240sx...... i"m gonna spray it so hinson motorsports suggested I run dual walbro 255 fuel pumps and dual 6an feed lines to fuel rails then out to aeromotive FPR then 6an return line..... ok the problem is I have a big cam and its not chopping at all hardly.... when motor was in SS i had the fuel pump mess up on it and the car would almost sound like a stock cam..... and its sounding same now after just getting it running.... i have 58 psi at FPR and i was wondering if this could be the problem...... everything is brand new ..... please any input will help.,....
texas-speed tuned computer
dual lines with dual pumps sound like to many things going on with all of that
why not run just one -8 to the rails it would make life so much easyer
58psi is right what does the car run like at WOT
i use twin 255 with the stock fuel line on my turbo car at 65psi to FAST rails and 60lbs injectors
we need more info on what is going on like fuel trims, O2 volts, AFR this would help alot good luck