Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Dumb questions about LCA &rear end swap..

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2003 | 03:09 PM
teh PuRpL3z

Default Dumb questions about LCA &rear end swap..

I'm in the process of swapping my 2.73 rear end with a 3.42 I got out of a 2000 Camaro SS. Got the new rear end all cleaned up and POR15'ed, and I'm having a Eaton differential installed, with a T/A cover and stud kit.

I've got the old rear end half out of the car, and it's just hanging on by the torque arm right now. I had a couple of dumb newbie questions about doing the swap.

1.) Do you have to remove the e-brake lines from the brake line bracket that the LCA bolts through? I can't see how else to get them out from around the axle.

2.) I marked my LCAs for orientation, and then stupidly cleaned them and washed my markings off. What is the proper orientation of the LCAs when they go back in?

3.) I'm changing the stock LCA bushings for poly ones... I got the old bushings out, but can't get the new ones in... I even broke my rubber mallet trying to pound the first new one in. Any tips?

4.) Need some tips for swapping the brake backing plates, and changing the wheel studs, also...

Any tips would be most appreciated.
Old 09-24-2003 | 09:31 AM
teh PuRpL3z

Default Re: Dumb questions about LCA &rear end swap..

I can't believe no one can answer these questions.... Anyone?