Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

My Midwest Chassis Extreme Duty 9"

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2009, 09:26 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From the pictures I don't see a sway bar attached, are you going to mount one or do you not need it?

Nice looking rear, I think a new one may be in my future as well...
Old 03-17-2009, 12:38 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

that rearend has the optional tubular chromemoly drag anti-roll bar installed on it. it is a bolt-on part that is available from me anytime. simply bolt it on and go. alll you have ot do is weld on the supplied brackets onto the frame rails just inside the factory ones. you could take off you stock one, bolt this one on to race, remove it and go right back to the stock one if wanted. it uses the stock-style brackets that are included on all the rearends at no extra charge.

price it out... by the time you add up all the included features, and then the ones not even available from the other manufacturers, the difference in weight vs. strength, quality, custom options not available at other places, and customer service, you simply can't beat the deal on a Midwest Chassis rearend.
Old 03-17-2009, 07:41 AM
8 Second Club

In those pics the anti roll bar in bolted to the housing, but the links were not attached yet, I did that later when it was at ride height. Like Eric said, just 2 little tabs get welded to the chassis to complete the bar install. Very nice setup.
When I decided on a rear, an off the shelf cookie cutter rear package was not going to work for my car. Eric and I custom tailored this package to my needs, and set it up for the future too. This thing is bomb proof. Even back in the day when the car was 400+ rwhp, there was always this fear of WHEN the 10 bolt was going to break. No worries now, when you commit to a build like this, you have to go all the way. Just because you can build 1000 rwhp, does not mean you can ignore the rest of the chassis and drivetrain. The confidence I have now between the rear and trans is nice. Now I wish the engine was a bit more built! Then I don't know what I would worry about
It never ends with these cars, I can forsee a max effort 6 bolt race engine in my distant future!
Old 03-17-2009, 05:21 PM
TECH Resident

I'll take your word for it but: I see (what I assume to be)the tow bar, it has two other support pieces welded to the rear?
And I see the wheelie bar, thats mounted to the two brackets, or is that the sway bar? It appears to have two armatures pointing to the front of the car (the pic showing the yellow drill motor), I assumed they pivot to the rear of the car and attache the wheelie bars????
Am I correct or out of my mind? Sorry for all the questions, I'm wanting to buy one of these rears in the next 2-3 days, once I'm sure what I want (like you, I only want to buy a rear once!)

Last question: Its great you bought a class act rear, so why you still runnin' those DeCarbons???? Isn't it time fer Konis now?????
lol
Old 03-17-2009, 06:09 PM
8 Second Club

It is the anti roll bar that is bolted to the bottom of the housing. it points towards the front of the car. the links attach real close to where the factory sway bar attached on the chassis.
I am getting ready to drop some serious coin on a set of AFCO's all the way around, so the stock shocks will be gone soon enough.
Old 03-17-2009, 07:44 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks like John Force edition 9". That baby ought to go 4's.
Old 03-18-2009, 07:37 AM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by wrd1972
Looks like John Force edition 9". That baby ought to go 4's.
Maybe in the eighth!!!
Old 03-19-2009, 02:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Veee8, your thread has convinced me to buy a Midwest 9", from what I've heard about it, I'll be very happy with my results! And the price is right. All win. ******* 10 bolts are gay.
Old 03-19-2009, 03:14 AM
10 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Great products, prices, and customer service. Not to mention the peace of mind at the starting line! OP wanna trade 3rd members, I could only afford the iron one! Here's my setup:
Attached Thumbnails My Midwest Chassis Extreme Duty 9"-user25_pic136_1231805251-1-.jpg   My Midwest Chassis Extreme Duty 9"-user25_pic131_1231804944-1-.jpg  
Old 03-19-2009, 06:13 AM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by IWGF
Veee8, your thread has convinced me to buy a Midwest 9", from what I've heard about it, I'll be very happy with my results! And the price is right. All win. ******* 10 bolts are gay.
You will be quite happy with your new rear package. Eric will take the time to go over everything to determine what will work best for you.

Originally Posted by 96LT1355Z28
Great products, prices, and customer service. Not to mention the peace of mind at the starting line! OP wanna trade 3rd members, I could only afford the iron one! Here's my setup:
Sorry no trades!
Old 03-20-2009, 05:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

[QUOTE=veee8;11272187]You will be quite happy with your new rear package. Eric will take the time to go over everything to determine what will work best for you.

We're already discussing it at the moment, he's been VERY helpful!

Tax return money, consider it spent!

Quick Reply: My Midwest Chassis Extreme Duty 9"