Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Help!! Noise when turning, at wits end and them some...

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2009, 01:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dude this thread made me laugh. Not in a rude way. Im glad that everything is working out for you and i wil deff check back to see how its going
Old 08-26-2009, 02:33 PM
TECH Addict

yeah, me too,,, kinda.

i just felt it was important to share with others that may have this issue. Most of the thread is me talking to myself, but if you google rear end noise, this thread is one of the first to come up, so it may help someone at some point.
Old 08-27-2009, 12:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Bad Blue WS6
yeah, me too,,, kinda.

i just felt it was important to share with others that may have this issue. Most of the thread is me talking to myself, but if you google rear end noise, this thread is one of the first to come up, so it may help someone at some point.
My Moser did that for a while. I then called Moser and the told me to add a second botlle of additive. I bought two bottles of the amsoil Posi traction additive and used Amsoil EP gear lube. have not had a problem since.
Old 08-27-2009, 01:46 PM
TECH Addict

i wish i was that fortunate, but i wasnt. I tallied it up and over 200 dollars in different oils and additives, in many different combos were used within the last year with no luck. At one point, i had 3 bottles of GM additive in there, but my use of synthetic fluid glazed up the clutch rings so bad, they just couldnt grab any longer. Eric from Midwest Chassis called Eaton and they advised us to use only Ford friction modifier along with 80/90 Dino oil, which is what is now installed. Once i put about 1000 miles on her, i will feel 100% that shes fixed. My last oil/additive combo gave me about 750 miles of quiet time, but then reared its ugly head.

on a positive note, i can do a gear oil swap in about 10 to 15 minutes now.

Last edited by Bad Blue WS6; 08-27-2009 at 03:20 PM.
Old 08-27-2009, 02:24 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well...at least it was sort of differential related - when I was doing a lot of research on what gear oil was recommended for my Strange 12-bolt, I ended up settling on Torco 85w140 dino with the friction modifier. I went with the GM modifier, but will probably do the Ford modifier (Torco offers both) on my next oil change since you are now the second person I've heard this from.