Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Config. question: MWC 9"; LCA brake bracket removal ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2009, 06:11 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Config. question: MWC 9"; LCA brake bracket removal ?

I'm currently installing a MWC 9", its pretty obvious that the stock stamped sheet metal pieces (L & R) that sandwich the rear LCA mounts are no longer needed as the caliper brake line mounts and emergency brake cable mounts are welded to the new rear.

I wanted to swap out rears without bleeding the rear brakes; it looks like it’s impossible to remove this bracket without disconnecting the line where it connects to the rubberized/flexible portion of the brake line.

Question: Is this assessment correct?
Thanks.
Old 05-26-2009, 06:06 AM
Banned

I didn't disconnect my rear brake line when I did my MWC 9", just had to unhook the e-brake cable and that was it.
Old 05-26-2009, 10:21 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

yes... you will need to separate the line from the hose to complete the install. this is the way the factory mounted the hoses so that's how we do it. it is not hard at all to bleed the brakes... all you need is a drain pan, a 10mm wrench, a foot from a helper, and maybe a pint of fluid.
Old 05-26-2009, 05:27 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by ssvert99
yes... you will need to separate the line from the hose to complete the install. this is the way the factory mounted the hoses so that's how we do it. it is not hard at all to bleed the brakes... all you need is a drain pan, a 10mm wrench, a foot from a helper, and maybe a pint of fluid.
Eric, Thanks for the reply.

The stock braket does not go back on, right?
Old 05-26-2009, 06:09 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

correct... the stock bracket does not fit with the relocator style brackets, therefore we manufacture and install them for you... even the narrowed housings.

Quick Reply: Config. question: MWC 9"; LCA brake bracket removal ?