Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Spohn TA: Front to back clunking?

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2009, 12:02 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The UMI that I have mounts to the tranny tailshaft, but you can get a trans mount that moves it off of the tranny. I'm worried about breaking my tranny with it to be honest, but I have a new setup in to works to do away with the TA all together But UMI says not to worry about breaking it, thats what I have read anyway

Good luck with the TA though, but if you get a different one be sure to get an adjustable, it would suck if down the road you lowered the car or changed something in the suspension and had to buy a new TA because the pinion angle was off.
Old 08-15-2009, 12:34 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking Mystery X-TA Area 51 project

Turnin20s,

Thanks man- good advice. If I really can't get the Spohn TA to shut up, then I'm going back to the tail shaft mount route again, adjustable as you said.

Interesting on your mystery X-TA skunk works project!

All the best,
Rambo
Old 08-16-2009, 10:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

check the bolts on your lower control arms, not just tq arm related components, thats what spohn told me, they were loose
Old 08-28-2009, 09:35 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the same setup and the clunking is loud as hell!!!! I checked everything and this is the problem.

I will run this before putting another trans mounted tq arm on. I broke the tailshaft on stock power and it cost me a transmission
Old 08-28-2009, 11:21 AM
Launching!

Unhappy

Sorry to hear that man. I don't want that to happen either. Well they tightened EVERYTHING like crazy and it's still clunking same as always.

No word from Spohn....

Quick Reply: Spohn TA: Front to back clunking?