Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

My Moser 9" Install With PICS!

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2010, 06:38 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 9 inch

well thanks all the e brake for my car is different, lt1 set up -ebrake at the caliper not a drum in the hat like LS1

Thanks bob for the help with the order Hope to see it soon at the shop
Old 05-11-2010, 10:49 PM
Teching In

I got kinda newbie question (my first f-body) I got my Z28 with a Moser allready in it and the only problem I have is that ABS sensors are not hooked up. The whole wire harness is gone. I noticed when I was changing the tires that there is some kinda sensor(right were the ABS sensor usually is) thats not hooked up. Just wondering if somebody got lazy and never hooked it up, or this is the way it is, its just the dash is lid up like a christmas tree and drives me nuts. Any advice?
Old 05-18-2010, 10:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by HOT Z28
I got kinda newbie question (my first f-body) I got my Z28 with a Moser allready in it and the only problem I have is that ABS sensors are not hooked up. The whole wire harness is gone. I noticed when I was changing the tires that there is some kinda sensor(right were the ABS sensor usually is) thats not hooked up. Just wondering if somebody got lazy and never hooked it up, or this is the way it is, its just the dash is lid up like a christmas tree and drives me nuts. Any advice?
The only light you should have on if the ABS isn't hooked up is the 'ABS INOP' light and possibly the 'TRAC OFF' light(My car didn't come with traction control so I'm not sure). It sounds like you have a 3 channel rear which gets rid of ABS. I can get a picture of the sensor if you'd like and you can compare to see if that's what you're referring to.
Old 05-19-2010, 01:06 AM
Teching In

Thats exactly whats lid up on the dash, If you have any pix it would be great to send them to me. I also emailed moser and I guess I can buy a press on sensor wheel for each axle (I checked and I don't have them). One more thing whats a 3 channel rear.
Old 05-19-2010, 07:49 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by jayws6
well thanks all the e brake for my car is different, lt1 set up -ebrake at the caliper not a drum in the hat like LS1

Thanks bob for the help with the order Hope to see it soon at the shop
Thanks Jason, I appreciate it! Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Old 05-20-2010, 05:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by HOT Z28
Thats exactly whats lid up on the dash, If you have any pix it would be great to send them to me. I also emailed moser and I guess I can buy a press on sensor wheel for each axle (I checked and I don't have them). One more thing whats a 3 channel rear.
I'll take a picture of the sensor today at work and post it when I get home.

A 3 channel rear is one with only ABS.

A 4 channel rear has ABS and traction control.

It sounds like the Moser in your car is a no channel(like mine) which gets rid of both ABS and traction control.
Old 05-20-2010, 09:52 PM
Teching In

cool thanks
Old 05-25-2010, 09:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Sorry for the delay. This is the ABS sensor that goes in top of the rear. It's held in my a 10mm bolt.

Old 09-11-2010, 12:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Just updating this thread. The rear is holding up great after several times to the track. The POR-15 also still looks new!
Old 09-13-2010, 10:25 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Grifter
Just updating this thread. The rear is holding up great after several times to the track. The POR-15 also still looks new!
Awesome, good to see! Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Old 09-13-2010, 03:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Glad to hear its all going good!! Hows the driveability of the wavetrac?
Old 09-13-2010, 05:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by RJB01camaross
Glad to hear its all going good!! Hows the driveability of the wavetrac?
Like stock. I drive the car pretty easy on the street though.
Old 09-13-2010, 06:27 PM
12 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Grifter, one question if I may. Are you lowered? If so, are you having any clearance issues with the d/s tunnel? My buddy bought one and this is a question we have.
Thanks
Old 09-13-2010, 10:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by litle88
Grifter, one question if I may. Are you lowered? If so, are you having any clearance issues with the d/s tunnel? My buddy bought one and this is a question we have.
Thanks
Yup, I'm lowered with Koni's and Hotchkis springs. By DS tunnel do you mean the "hump" part of the Spohn tq arm? With a passenger in the car I have scraped on speed bumps before but other then that not really.
Old 09-14-2010, 06:01 AM
12 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

No I meant the part where the torque arm bolts onto the 9in. I hear some guys actually hit the driveshaft tunnel with that bracket, but I guess u don't. So we'll see how my buddys turns out.

Thanks
Old 09-14-2010, 09:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by litle88
No I meant the part where the torque arm bolts onto the 9in. I hear some guys actually hit the driveshaft tunnel with that bracket, but I guess u don't. So we'll see how my buddys turns out.

Thanks
Oh oh sorry I misunderstood. Yes, I did have clearance problems, I stated them earlier in this thread. It looked to be hitting pretty bad on my first test drive so I put it back on the lift and beat it in. I actually have to replace the center section gasket because it's leaking(my fault) and when I'm doing that I am going to beat it in a little more just to ease my mind.

So I would highly recommend when the rear is out to "massage" the tunnel while you have room to swing the hammer. With all the research I did on the 9" and I did A LOT I somehow never read anything about that.
Old 09-15-2010, 12:11 AM
12 Second Club

how are you launching at the track?
Old 09-15-2010, 01:08 AM
On The Tree

Very nice install and write up!

What made Up your mind for this rear axle? What would you recommend for a car that sees 20% strip/drag racing?

Also, is it possible to have a big brake kit fixed in with the new rear? (like c6 z06, new SS, brembo brakes)
Old 09-15-2010, 04:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by N01SS
how are you launching at the track?
I'm currently running MT drag radials and the last time at the track I was launching at about 4600 off the 2-step. I need a lot more seat time and have been thinking about just biting the bullet and getting slicks. I got such a good deal on the MT's though I'll probably run them until they're toast.

Originally Posted by Gohard
Very nice install and write up!

What made Up your mind for this rear axle? What would you recommend for a car that sees 20% strip/drag racing?

Also, is it possible to have a big brake kit fixed in with the new rear? (like c6 z06, new SS, brembo brakes)
Thanks!

I had my mind set on either the Moser 9" or MidWest rear, you honestly can't go wrong with either one. The MW rear would have taken longer since it's custom built but had a lot of nice standard options and I believe was slightly cheaper. I ended up going with the Moser because it was the tried and true rear and Katech was running a great group buy on them at the time. I didn't look too much into a 12 bolt because I didn't like the bolt design for the tq arm, 4 little bolts instead of the 2 long bolts. You say your car will only see 20% of the track but the problem is our stock 10 bolt is such a piece of garbage that one trip to the track can blow it up. But with that said, a 9" is a lot of money considering you'll only run the car a couple times a year.

In terms of big brake kits I don't know for sure but since the stock brakes bolt right up to the Moser I would imagine any aftermarket kit that's made to bolt up will work with no problems.
Old 09-15-2010, 07:09 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Grifter
I'm currently running MT drag radials and the last time at the track I was launching at about 4600 off the 2-step. I need a lot more seat time and have been thinking about just biting the bullet and getting slicks. I got such a good deal on the MT's though I'll probably run them until they're toast.

Nice...i'm waiting to see how the diff holds up to some 6k dumps on slicks before i order.

Quick Reply: My Moser 9" Install With PICS!